· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 227 of 229 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2283

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    It's here! The snow! And it will likely stay at this point in time...

It doesn't seem like a year since our last winter started...it seems like yesterday. I looked out this morning and the green of summer seems like a very distant memory already...

The farrier is coming out shortly to do the winter trim on the crew...I don' t know why that makes me so tired, lol. All I do is stand there and hold the horses. I can't believe I used to be able to manage twice as many horses, and still have energy left over. I miss the good old days of relative youth!

And then I really need to get to rehearsal tonight. I missed last week...don't want to miss two weeks in a row...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    *GAH!* The normally 'good' ponies were BAD ponies!!! BAD! BAD ponies!

...and it was colder than I anticipated...I'm waiting to see if feeling returns to my feet...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know what's happening! My calendar always seems reasonably empty...but I've been constantly on the go lately. In fact I think I'm going to not go to my exercise class (which isn't a great choice, I know) to free up an evening for a couple of months. I'm not getting enough down time at the moment.

I will sign up again in January. Maybe I'll be back to less hectic routine by then.

Today: Work, violin lesson and hopefully an evening in front of the TV...lol. With NO interuptions! :D

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    Today I am posting about fish, because I am on a fish forum, and that is what people do on fish forums...post about fish.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Forum: Chatterbox

This is the place to talk about topics that doesn't have to do with aquariums.
    Thank you for contributing!

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, this is the one forum in which we can discuss non-fish or aquarium topics.

This thread also asks what we're doing, today.

I just cleaned my 65 and replaced the foam in one of the two AC110s. The new sponge has larger holes in it, i.e., is more porous. I am hoping this will resolve the problem I've had with one corner of the basket rising up and pushing up an already warped lid that doesn't seat easily to begin with (it came that way when I got the filter.)

Since this rising up caused most of the ceramic beads in my top Biomax bag to sit above the water line, I probably lost some BB off of them. Hence, I have restarted the Stability regimen in that filter to grow new BB faster.

The other filter is established and gives no problems, so I've left it alone save to rinse out the prefilter sponge.

Aside from this, I'm being lazy today and watching TV. May get some light housework in later this afternoon.

A brief dusting of snow a couple days ago, which is all gone, now.

I got a new kitty in September. His name is Skinner, and he is white with black and dark gray spots. He's just barely a year old.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I am decorating the tree today! It's been up for two days...and the kittens look like they've lost interest in climbing it...I think it's safe to decorate...

No breakables on it this year though...lol...
    Last edited by Rue; 12-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am going to watch football and cheer my husbands fantasy football team since he kicked me out of the playoffs last week. Around the house I need to clean up the library/fishroom for Christmas. Doesn't seem to matter what I do the table in there is always covered in stuff.

0 Not allowed!
    I'll be changing the water in my 20 today.

Did a major re-aquascaping in the 65 yesterday. Took me several hours. I cleaned one of the filters and planted several new live plants I've just purchased. One very tall crypt, several amazon swords, and I relocated one of the anubias to a better spot. Root-tabbed all the new ones. Now, I just have to add some medium- to-large rocks around the bases of these new plants so the dojos can't dig them up.

Of course, the above resulted in a massive water change, as well. I always remove about 75% of the water in that tank, anyway, because the nitrates tend to rise higher than I would like if I don't change that much of the water. I am hoping the new plants will absorb more of them. Surface area is heavy with floating hornwort and elodea.

Since I started using the root tabs in the 65 and fertilize with Flourish, I've noticed the diatoms are back, though not heavily. Reddish-brown stuff on the glass, again. They had disappeared for quite some time, but have returned.

Fish seem to be fine.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, Hannukah, or however you celebrate the holidays.

According to the news, there was some difficulties getting packages shipped on time this year. UPS and FedEx were overwhelmed with last-minute online shopping and the bad weather in much of the country.

My question is: WHY do these folks wait until the very last minute to get their shopping done? I mailed all of our packages personally (because I don't shop online), no later than December 12, and everybody got theirs in plenty of time. Everyone wants to blame the retailers and the shipping companies, but I think it's their own fault for putting it off so long.

Just my soapbox sermon for today.

Other than cleaning my 20, I'm just going to laze around, today. That's what weekends are for. That, and spoiling the kitties some more.

--mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm out in the country so I can't play with my fish (they're in the city. :-( ) Guess that means I'll watch the snow storm we're having today....lots of snow and blowing snow....goes with the territory! Thinking it's time for a lazy day anyway!!

Page 227 of 229 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 LastLast