· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Now your set-up is really going to come alive more and more now that you have started to add corals

It almost looks like a stylophora, but it's hard to tell form the pic. Yours seams to have a lot longer polyps that the one I have.

Keep a close eye on the parameters and he should be fine. As your tank is still new, I would suggest looking into adding liquid coral food. I use the below at about a 1/4 dose, twice a week, and it seams to be helping my SPS.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/revi...ct=441&cat=500
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff : )

The tank has really changed in the past few weeks.
    Starting to have green algae growing. Like the green you see in the pick above.
    Coralline algae is starting to show up on my dry rock.
    My diatoms are gone : )
    I have mini starfish all over my glass and sump.
    Pods are starting to pop up everywhere.
    So far, so good.

I did my tests today and I got.

API
    Salinity: 35ppt (refractrometer)
    PH: 8ppm
    Ammonia: 0ppm
    Nitrite: 0ppm
    Nitrate: 0ppm
    Phosphate: 0ppm

Salifert
    Magnesium: 1300ppm (want 1350)
    Alkalinity: 8.3dkh (want 9)
    Calcium: 385ppm (want 420-440)

My large BRS 2 part solutions are coming Friday, so I'll start dosing shortly.
    Are these parameters ok for now?

I found out that the coral is a Green Pocillopora Damicornis.

Also, which Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit should I get?
    Which one would you recommend?

0 Not allowed!
    I would recommend the small pack of all 4 to get a really wide range of food. If you can only get one, get the Coral Vitalizer.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff
    You've been a big help.

5. Question Need Help!

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys, I have a problem and I need some help.
    I've been going through a diatom bloom for past 2 weeks and I found the source. It was from my RO/DI filter, so I changed my filters.

But I'm still going through the diatom bloom. I also have a cyano in my sump, but I wasnt too worried till now. I noticed that the cyano is starting to grow over my diatoms in the DT.

I just added a TLF-150 phosphate reactor with 250ml of RowaPhos media yesterday. I'm hoping it'll help. I'm also doing 10 gallon water changes every weekend.

I had a chromis die about a month ago but I never found him. Do you think the dead fish might be the problem? Even after this long.

My parameters are:
    Ammonia: 0ppm
    Nitrite: 0ppm
    Nitrate: 0ppm
    Phosphate: undetectable with API Test Kit

My skimmer is on 24/7 and I change my filter sock every 3-4 days.
    I feed 2 times a day and I'm feeding less. I'm only feeding mysis at the moment and I always rinse it before I feed it.

Is there anything else I can do guys?
    I dont want cyano going crazy in my DT.

0 Not allowed!
    I just noticed you also ask the same question in another thread (which I responded to)

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=77585

In addition to my comments in the other thread, have you considered using biobeeds ? They have really helped me to controll nitrates and phosphates. I have never had any phosphates show up on my Sailfert test kit, and my nitrates are always just less than 1 ppm (Sailfert test kit as well). I don't even use any phosban or other phosphate removing media

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think it's the missing chromis, the pods take pretty good care of any fish that have bit the dust.

How old is the tank again Hex? Because my tank is literally doing the same thing haha well minus the diatoms they went away a couple weeks ago. I've read that cyano has a lot to do with flow of the water.

Also the reactor was a good idea but will take a couple days to really kick in I think, so I'd just wait it out for a little and see what happens.
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    I just noticed you also ask the same question in another thread (which I responded to)

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=77585

In addition to my comments in the other thread, have you considered using biobeeds ? They have really helped me to controll nitrates and phosphates. I have never had any phosphates show up on my Sailfert test kit, and my nitrates are always just less than 1 ppm (Sailfert test kit as well). I don't even use any phosban or other phosphate removing media

Thanks for the response Cliff.
    Are biobeeds the same as biopellets?

0 Not allowed!
    Basically the same thing but made by different companys

I used these:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/revi...ct=425&cat=500

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019
    I don't think it's the missing chromis, the pods take pretty good care of any fish that have bit the dust.

How old is the tank again Hex? Because my tank is literally doing the same thing haha well minus the diatoms they went away a couple weeks ago. I've read that cyano has a lot to do with flow of the water.

Also the reactor was a good idea but will take a couple days to really kick in I think, so I'd just wait it out for a little and see what happens.

I have a 50 gallon cube.
    Ya, I'm going to let the reactor run for a few days and see what happens.
    I'm also going to buy a gravel siphon and start doing 15 gallon water changes every week.

If it's not going away, do you guys recommend getting red slime remover?
    My cyano is starting to grow long strings of hair.

I have a Magdrive 9.5 as my return. My overflow can't handle anymore flow or else it will start overflowing. I have a Korallia 1050gph powerhead also.
    is this enough flow?