· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - abaigael04   Here's another from me - Lady Hobbs   to go with the Angels - Algenco   congrats on your first award!! - Brookfish   For your tank,when its ready! - Northernguy   

Default Milt's 120g SPS reef

0 Not allowed!
    I think its now the time to start a new thread as my new project is about to begin. The tank is a standard oceanic 120g 48x24x24 drilled for a closed loop and a 40g breeder sump will be used.Im going in somewhat of a different direction with this reef and it will ultimately be a full SPS unlike my current reef which is a mixed reef. For this reason after some research I decided that a closed loop would be the best option for flow and aesthetic reasons, for those who dont know a closed loop is another way to provide flow for the tank without the need for powerheads.The display will also be sandless and a DSB will be located in my sump. All my other equipment will be coming from my current build which include a Reef octopus 200 skimmer, quietone 600 return, geo 112 ca reactor and ATI powermodule hoT5 for lighting. The tank woont be ready to set up until I get my plumbing done next sunday after that I will run the tank with water for a couple days and then move everything over! I will ultimately switch my lighting to two 400w Metal halide.

well heres some pics

tank right after getting drilled by my friend Mike who owns the most amazing system I ever seen I will make a thread about his system soon, I will say that his system is about 1,800 gallons!

it needed 7 holes to accomplish the closed loop and overflow!

here it is now at his shop all done and ready to go

for my closed loop I will be using a blueline 150 pump and an oceans motions 4 way controller, the tank has two holes on each side that will alternate creating a natural wave motion and all detrius will stay suspended and ready to go to the skimmer!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    I can't wait to see this tank evolve

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Brookfish   A plec for you collection - Celtic Fins   Seasons Greetings Have a great christmas - Celtic Fins   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - R2 Ranch   

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Another tank build!!! Awesome Keep the updates coming.
    Kimberly

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   for ur new tank - Neon   Sorry to hear of your loss. - VoidParadigm   I like your pleco pics!! - gabbyguppy   1000 posts! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to see it finished!! Looks like its going great so far!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - abaigael04   Here's another from me - Lady Hobbs   to go with the Angels - Algenco   congrats on your first award!! - Brookfish   For your tank,when its ready! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys! sorry I havent been on lately but I have been busy to no end :(

The tank is up and running now I moved everything over from the other tank yesterday I must say that it was A LOT of work but all worth it!

here's some pics from a couple of weeks ago when a few of my friends brought the over the tank and helped plumb it!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

my friend holding plumbing for overflow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a burger your username makes me hungry lol - angelcakes   Congratulations on your new big tank! - fins_n_fur   yeaaaa on your new tank - Lady Hobbs   Happy New Year! - Northernguy   merry christmas - leggomypleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Awsome, when I looked up this board the other day, I couldnt find your tank thread..

I'll be taggin along on this one llike ai did the first year of your last..

I' just started a 120 myself 7/4..

Looks great.. looking forward to updates.
    Oceanic 90
    fluval 404
    CO2 injected planted
    8 Zebra Loaches
    6 cory 2 panda 4 pepper
    Bristlenose male
    10 Diamond Tetras
    1 Marbled Angel
    4 Saimensis

120 Oceanic
    Mixed Reef
    LED lighting

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    its been a while guys but im back after a terrible power outage last year and losing just about everything heres an update!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   To help you sleep... - Rue   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   My turn to buy - fishmommie   Right back at'cha! - KevinVA   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Surfdog   Autism - Surfdog   

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, very beautiful, relaxing view. Well done especially after your disaster!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid (John Wayne)
    If you're not angry, you are not paying attention (Ralph Nader)
    9 Tanks (2-29G QT) ranging from 150G to 10G for my 1/2 moon Beta
    https://youtu.be/avRN9X77jD4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks and yea it has def come a long way!