· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Eheim ECCO Canister Filter

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know if this canister filter is any good? I'm trying to find a decent canister filter that isn't so expensive for my 40G.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...07&pcatid=3607

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

0 Not allowed!
    I've never use one of thos before, but I know a lot of people that really like that brand

For a extra ~$40, I would suggest the XP2

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...02&pcatid=3602

You should be able to find a better deal on E-bay for a XP2
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    My brother-in-law has an Eheim ECCO and loves it. He runs it on a 37gal.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i absolutely love eheim as a brand, cant see myself ever using another brand (other than the rena xp series...looking at getting an xp4).

they are quite, ridiculously easy to prime, and hold a nice bit of media

0 Not allowed!
    I have it, its a nice filter, but make sure you get the 2236, because they are rated extremely high, for the amount they actually filter. I have a 2236 on a 60 gallon and it isnt nearly enough. A 2236 would probably do ok on a 40 gallon though.

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    If you want an Eheim classic I have a new 2215 available for $100 + shipping. Includes all the media, the hose hasn't even been cut yet. I bought one on e-bay last year with a broken canister, then eventually found a replacement canister for it.
    I have another 2215 running on my 40 gallon tank, also an air-powered hydrosponge filter to help pick up debris. Does a great job as far as I've seen, in spite of the tank being heavily stocked.
    I also have a used ecco 2232 for $50, but I wouldn't recommend it as the only filter for a 40 gallon tank.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Guess I should of made this clear...the 40G already has a Bio-wheel 350. I am looking for an additional filter for the tank.

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Are you wanting more mechanical or bio filtration? An ecco 2232 has considerably more media capacity than any hob filter, but the flow rate isn't that great compared to a larger filter. More useful for bio than mechanical IMO.
    Even with the 2215's spraybar I still use an air-driven sponge filter to help circulate the water in my 40. The eheim's intake doesn't reach down to the substrate, so it doesn't pick up as much debris as the hydrosponge, but it does collect a fair bit. It's also easier to rinse out the sponge when doing partial water changes.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka
    Are you wanting more mechanical or bio filtration? An ecco 2232 has considerably more media capacity than any hob filter, but the flow rate isn't that great compared to a larger filter. More useful for bio than mechanical IMO.
    Even with the 2215's spraybar I still use an air-driven sponge filter to help circulate the water in my 40. The eheim's intake doesn't reach down to the substrate, so it doesn't pick up as much debris as the hydrosponge, but it does collect a fair bit. It's also easier to rinse out the sponge when doing partial water changes.
    I'm looking for more mechanical filtration. I don't really need anything big. I just want something to go along with the bio wheel.

Here is another one I am looking at: http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/cascade700.html

0 Not allowed!
    I have the ecco 130 and the quality is great, the flow is pretty close to the advertised amount and it can hold a decent amount of media.

My only complaint is that it can be a right pain in the *** to get open sometimes.

They could have made it a little easier!
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)