• Firemouth

16 69.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    there are convict/firemouth hybrids.Google them or youtube to see

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome well I have to wait til my 90 gal is ready so by then maybe I'll just package some bn and the oblongs in one shipping. You paypal I assume? Do you sell any of the bn or the cichlids to LFS's? Cant imagin they wouldn't beg for cichlids or fire reds?!

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Ya, paypal is fine, makes more sense to combine shipping when your tank is ready.
    I swap off extra brown BN for store credit at the lfs, but they aren't too interested in cichlids. Haven't gotten overloaded with the fire reds yet, so I haven't asked about selling or swapping them locally. Considering how much it costs me to maintain my tanks and raise the brown fry to decent size, the amount of store credit returned means I lose money.
    I'm cheap, so I prefer to find used tanks/setups instead of paying 3-4x as much for new ones. I really prefer the older tanks with thicker glass instead of plastic center braced tops. I have a 55 in the basement (was bought new at the lfs years ago) that needs resealed because the center brace came apart, actually the second time it happened. I replaced the top trim once, not going to bother this time, will reseal the tank and use a glass center brace.
    With 13 tanks running it just isn't economically practical to buy a small jar of NLS pellets locally for $10-12 when I can get a 5 lb bucket for $55 + shipping. I refill the small jars every couple of weeks, and each bucket lasts about 6 months. Same w/flake food, I buy it from Ken's by the pound for less than I'd spend on a couple cans at the lfs. Occaisonally I'll find a fish or two at the lfs, but generally all I buy there any more is dechlor and frozen foods.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Haha me too. I bought all my tanks off craigslist. Got the 90 gal with oak stand and canopy and 350 magnum can for 80 bucks! I'm just gonna refinish the wood but it's too cold out haha. Bet that's a fun electric bill too!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What is the common name of those cichlids?

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Common name is dwarf chanchito. However, chanchito is a generic common name that applies to the entire Australoheros complex. The oblongum are the smallest species of the group and nothing like the larger (actually all the rest) of the species. They're very closely related to the red ceibal, even have the same pattern, (different background color though, and the blue spangles are unique to the oblongum) but the red ceibals are much more aggressive in general.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123