23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Convict

7 30.43%
  • Firemouth

16 69.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i guess i mostly wanted something to eat the fry cause i dont know how well you can sell or get rid of firemouth babies. suppose i can take the fry out and put them in my tank with ghost knife and rainbow shark and hopefully they will eat em! can i do a pleco with the firemouths then?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    btw i think ive desided on firemouths if yall didnt notice haha thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah a pleco will be fine with them, I suggest a bristlenose.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sweet I found some slate they sell at home depot for pretty cheap so I'm gonna make a little cave for the firemouths to lay their eggs and what not. I know it's off subject but what kind of silicone do I have to use, silicone I or II?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey those yellow ones look awesome but I don't think I've ever seen em at any fish stores. Anywhere online you know I can find em?

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    You won't find oblongums in an lfs, they haven't been imported for years now because nobody knows where to find/collect them from. They're rare in the hobby, only place to get them is from someone who's breeding/raising them. I have 2-3" juvies available now, $5/each or $25/6 + shipping. They'll be pairing off in a few more months, then I'll be listing them on aquabid with a starting bid of $20/pair. They sold for $40/pair the last time I raised a batch. It's great when the fish pay for the hobby and actually allow me to upgrade tank sizes and setups.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ya that's awesome man! I'll have to think about it. How many can I put in a 30 gal?

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    You can keep an established pair in a 20, but I wouldn't keep more than that in anything less than a 4' tank. They're very mellow fish in general, even a breeding pair with eggs or fry aren't likely to do any harm to other species, but they are quite territorial regarding other oblongum. I started with 7 juvies in a 30L with some similar-sized BN. Two pairs formed, one pair took over most of the tank and spawned, and the 3 odd ones had to be moved to other tanks. One of those was missing half of his tail fin, but it grew back just fine. The second pair stayed at the opposite end of the tank and weren't actually harmed, but they didn't have enough space to establish their own territory or even move around much.
    I swapped off 5 and kept the pair that was spawning in the 30. Those 2 were moved to another tank to allow their fry and the BN pleco fry (they kept eating the BN fry as they came along) to grow out. The fry were eventually moved into a 75, and when they started pairing off there were 3 pairs w/eggs and dozens of unpaired young ones all sharing the tank. With so many of them the eggs didn't last more than a day, but none of them got too beat up because the tank was large enough and they were so crowded.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow so I read a little from the other thread. The non paired ones I could put in my 90 gal community tank with a rainbow shark, bgk, few opaline gourami ect? You selling bn fry too? I can't find any here in Denver!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I have more BN than I know what to do with. The smaller browns I have available now came from 2 red parents, and should produce some red fry if bred together. I have some larger, sexable browns that produce some albino fry, and a couple dozen 2" fire red juvies ready to go with plenty more smaller fry growing out. I also have a brood of around 50 oddball BN that are about 1" now. Males grow a little larger than the common browns, females are almost identical (to commons) in size/appearance, general care is the same.
    The smaller brown juvies are $3/each, $15/6.
    Larger sexed browns are $8/each.
    The fire red juvies are $20/each, $100/6.
    The oddballs are $5/each, $25/6.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast