· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Ceramic Noodle question

0 Not allowed!
    I have a RENA PX3 that ive been running for about 3 months now. I have no nitrates, or anything. It is also running with a AC70.
    I have the bio stars that came with the machine, along with a box of Fluval ceramic noodles. I just recently added another box of the fluval noodles to boost the biologic filtration. Is this a good idea? Will it boost the filtration? Ive been being neurotic about making sure everything is nice and healthy in my tank so I wanted to keep adding to the filter. I know that the more stuff, the slower the output, but does anyone else use that many? Thanks guys!!!

Google is your friend. Use it!!!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The more bio filtration you can stuff in there [within reason] the better.Keep in mind the sponges in the bottom are also bb factorys.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, so I have a basket that only has another sponge in it, maybe ill add another sponge or some noodles or something to that one too. I love how customizable the canister filters are!!!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The best set up for these is to have 4 sponges in the bottom basket. 2 course then 2 fine.this gives a huge amount of mech filtration and bb at the same time.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeppers I have all of them in the bottom. I used the micro polisher for a while but I wasnt too impressed with those.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sponges are my choice for filtration. I pack all my HOB filters with sponge inserts for AC filters, whether they're AC or not.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i love sponges! all my hob filters get sponge no matter what! for my canister filters i actually used a homemade hybrid! i take a sponge designed for it and i cut it in half basically. then i take pantyhose and put a decent amount of pillow bating in. stretch it into a disk shape and put it between the sponges in the bottom and boom! haha sounds weird but works amazingly well for me.