· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Refugium from filter

0 Not allowed!
    I am looking into turning my filter into my refugium, and I am so technically challenged that I dont even know where to begin! Right now, the filter is basically just running for extra water flow. I took out the biowheels a while ago. Dont have any cartridges in it. Ive seen so many postings with the word refugium that Im on information overload when all I need are very simple directions!
    If there is someone who can very simply explain what needs to go in where, I would greatly appreciate it! I have the Marineland 350. It is the dual wheel system.. Thanks!
    75g not quite a FOWLR and not quite a reef with 20 Nassarius snails, 1 Scooter Blenny, 1 Firefish, 1 bicolor angelfish, 6 dwarf hermits, 1 emerald crab, a passel of Margarita snails, the biggest Turbo Snail Ive ever seen, and a partidge in a Kenya Tree.
    40gbreeder Coral/Clam Reef in the making.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Put some LR rubble, substrate from the tank, and chaeto in each side of the the filter. Leave the cover off the filter. Then hang a small light over it.

What size tank is/will this be on?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Its going to be on a 40b.. what kind of light do I need? How strong of a light would be the more appropriate question. Should I adjust the flow so thats its not so strong? Is there anything else I need to have in there? Sorry for the seemingly stupid questions, but I would rather ask them now then screw it up and have to ask them later while Im trying to fix what is wrong.
    75g not quite a FOWLR and not quite a reef with 20 Nassarius snails, 1 Scooter Blenny, 1 Firefish, 1 bicolor angelfish, 6 dwarf hermits, 1 emerald crab, a passel of Margarita snails, the biggest Turbo Snail Ive ever seen, and a partidge in a Kenya Tree.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    With a 40g its almost to the point where a fuge that small won't be beneficial. But, since you already have the filter you might as well do it.

For lighting you can just put a desk lamp over it or a small flourescent fixture.

Flow should be able to be whatever it normally is.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I figured this is a good a way to learn how to do it as any. Thanks for answering my stupid questions... I appreciate the patience!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They aren't stupid question, no worries.