· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

Default betta into new tank?

0 Not allowed!
    not sure where to post this, but im assuming a lot of people just hit the new posts button like i do .

i set up my 55gal earlier today and am going to make sure everything is hunky dorey before adding anything, but i do have a "down the road" style question.

the current inhabitants of the 55gal are 9 black neon tetras, 13 corys, a clown pleco, a rubberlip pleco, and a blood parrot. tank is moderately planted until they grow in further and in a few months i hope to have it over to heavily planted.

i currently have a betta in a 10gal tank and was wondering if it would be ok to introduce him to the 55gal, or if the tank would be too busy for him?

any thoughts!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    If he's fine where he's at, leave him. Betta can be unpredictable in their reactions. He'd have to establish new territory and deal with fish he's not used to being with. Any of this could trigger aggression or send him into hiding.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    yea that was basically what i was thinking but i just wanter to double check and see if it was correct, or just me being cautious. thank you for the quick response!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking that the parrot would be an issue...but if you put in some floating plants...hornwort for example...for him to hide in...it might be fine.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    well me and my girlfriend are juggeling tanks around. i replaced my bowfront with a 55gal. were replacing her 30gal with my bowfront, and then were replacing my bettas tank with the 30gal, so im not too concerned about putting him into the 55gal. it was more of just an idea that passed through my head

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    BP wont be able to touch the betta most likely. Mine outright ignore my bettas, though they sometimes accidentally knock em around when they are eating. Never any damage though, since BP's cant really close their mouths, so there attacking usually consists of ramming.

Agreed though that if he is fine where he is, no reason to change it. 30g betta tanks= awesome.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yea im planning on having the 30gal be planted, and terraced. im pretty excited to get things moved around so i can get working on it. already have t5ho lighting from my bowfront that will fit all ill need is another filter and im all set!

not too sure what i plan to put with him though and i am very open to suggestions (other than cardinal, neon, black neon, and skirt tetras)

was thinking about possibly a school of one of these:
    von rio flame tetras
    rummy nose tetras
    blue tetras
    harlequin rasboras
    bloodfin tetras
    cherry barbs
    marbled hatchet fish (love them but dont know how well they would work)

haha sorry for the list let me know which ones are good candidates and feel free to let me know if you like one that im not considering.
    as you can probably tell i think about every aspect of a new tank before i set it up to make sure its excatly how i want it.