· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Wink Helo fantail goldfishes question

0 Not allowed!
    I recentaly got 3 goldfishes today (fantail) and i feed them 2 times but they still look around for food like they didnt eat and they are sucking in rocks then taking them out.ARE they still hungry?I wanna know if there males or femaale theres one thats bigger than another and it looks pregnant but the skinner one that i thinks a male isnt bumping or hasing the pregnant goldfish.Are they too hungry to play around?my other fantail is young and has big eyes lol and it does the same as them.I want more goldfishes i want to know what gender they are and why they are always hungry please...... i will send some pics of them they might be blury bye please answer

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    You posted this in sort of an odd place, so it might not get a lot of notice, but let's see what we can do about getting you some answers.

First: How big of a tank do you have? What did you do to set it up? Many people buy goldfish without understanding their requirements, and as a result end up accidentally killing the fish. We don't want that to happen to you.

Regarding food, almost all fish search for food all the time. Do not overfeed them - you will foul the water and the fish will have health issues.

Determining the gender of goldfish is very difficult. When they are ready to breed a male goldfish will develop little white bumps around the head and gills called breeding tubercles. Apart from that, there's no easy way to tell.

I would strongly advise you not buy any more fish until we can discus your set-up and see if you're in good shape or headed for problems.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What size are they?
    & ya if u could post some pics that would help, i've got 5 goldfish (i've had my fantail for a yr & a half & the others since sept & oct) & i used to feed them twice a day, but now feed them 3-4 times (not huge amouts) but they are a lot more active now.
    The younger ones need more food spread out over the course of the day (it seems to be working for mine so far)

It was suggested to me to get their weight (which can help determine a good & safe amount for them to eat - if u have a food scale that shows weight in grams - that worked for me.

Also for your post - if u scroll down on the main 'aquarium forum' page to the 'other Aquarium Topics' there is a section for Coldwater Fish & a sub-forum for 'Goldfish' in that - took me a while to find it LOL
    If you re-post there you'll get a lot more people there who can give u advice!!

Oh & yes goldfish always ACT like they are starving!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Now I'm not going to tell you about "fishes" like others might. In theory this may be the way to go, but in reality sometimes it's just too hard.

5. Default Fantail Goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    I have a fantail goldfish. The thing is, they require a rather big tank.

I am not very knowledgeable about breeding, so I'll share something about feeding.

Fact of life: Fish are...to put it politely, fish. They don't notice that the gravel isn't food until it's in their mouth. When they notice it tastes bad, they spit it out. Now, goldfish are rather greedy, as well. (Goldfish fans, PLEASE don't hate me!!) They will eat tons of fish food. However, what you want to do is put in only enough pellets that they can eat in a minute. That keeps the fish from getting fat. (Ahem, I mean, overweight.)

Hope I helped without being too offensive about fish!!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think that food should be denied. If you feed well and do the water changes to keep up with the increased bioload, this is a good thing and will result in large, healthy fish. However, as stated we can't help you at all without more information.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    this thread (it's in the blog section actually) is over a year old and the OP has not been back since.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    This thread is closed

Please check the dates before posting

Thanks
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]