· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

0 Not allowed!
    emperors are awesome looking fish! get them juvenile though so you can watch the color transformation!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog
    WoW, theres an investment on a fish (emperor) but increadably beautiful. Show your wife a photo of a Dragon Eel, Japanese or the one from Hawaii, It may change her mind, lol. My goal is to someday have one of those, but at $1,200 a pop, I want a lot more experience with eels before I get one...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn..._Eel_Japan.jpg
    She's seem them and hates them.

hockeyhead, I wouldn't buy anything but a juvenile on the large angels. The juveniles are much more likely to adapt to captivity than the adults.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, so we nixed the Grouper in favor of more fish and some smaller ones. This tank will appear heavily stocked by some standards, but remember, it is a FOWLR tank so pristine water quality is not quite as essential as it would be in a reef tank.
    Going to have a nice group of about 5 Tangs, including a Trio of Yellows along with a Blue Hippo and probably a Kole of some kind. A pair of clowns is a must for my kids, and a small colony of 3-5 Firefish for my wife. Add to that the Emperor Angel, a Flame Angel, and probably a Genicanthus species and the tank will be close to full stocking level.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Got to have at least eight of the yellows, as a trio two will gang up on one, with predictable results, then usually one of the remaining two one will kill the other.

Tough to have a school of any species of tang in a 75, save for convicts, since you have to have so many for peace. So maybe one yellow tang instead of three for your tank.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

0 Not allowed!
    Well, first off, the new tank is a 210gal, not the 75. Also, with all due respect Dave, I've had 4-5 experts suggest this very stocking to me. These people have kept trios of Zebrasoma species tangs with no issues. I may even bump it to 6 at some point.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, thought it was still the 75 sumpless. Maybe another thread start with the 210?

It's still a crap shoot doing trios of a species of tang, no matter what the experts say. It's like Mandarin Dragonets; someone has success keeping one on prepared foods, while the vast majority starve to death. By all means try a trio of yellow tangs, and say what happens. If they were caught together you have a decent chance.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, the 75gal is sold. We can close this thread now.