· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    think pleco waters the worst tasting lol

I use an electric pump now to pump my water straight out the livingroom window into the garden. Doing 50% WC's on an 80G every week would give me strong arms using buckets!
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When I'm not using the python I get out a section of the python that I cut off, put my thumb on the end not going in the water to seal it. I dip it in the water close to the bottom (not too close though, otherwise you get substrate in there) unseal hose with my thumb and water shoots up, reseal before it goes back down to water level and turn the hose to the bucket(s) works great for my tanks

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I love my self start :) I use the same one for my 40 and 5 gallon ... as long as noones sick i should be ok. my old one was a pain esp since i had a turtle lol

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What kind of pump do you use, Chrisfraser05? I had a battery powered one for a while, but it broke after about 6 or 7 water changes and I am back to siphoning, with a gravel vac that works pretty well when I pump it up and down in the water several times. Sometimes it airlocks, then I just dip it in and fill it, and it starts kind of like the no-suck poster described above.

I also have a siphon of the type I used to use for gasoline, from the hardware store, that is good for emptying tanks. Close the screw valve on top, pump the bulb a few times, and away it goes. $3.50 at my hardware.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    At my local salt water fish store (my first attempt at salt water) I bought some live rock and live sand for my 3 gallon tank. I also got three gallons of salt water, and the employee took a length of hose, dipped one end in the tank, and took the other end and curved it up and sucked, then pointed down to fill the bucket. Never thought of curving up before, lowers the risk of the mouthful of water.

ALWAYS use a clear hose is my motto. Drank half a tank sucking my garden hose--didn't see it coming. Still shuddering.

0 Not allowed!
    Fishsafari -- you don't siphon gas tanks, now do you?
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.