· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Cory Cat Losing Mouth

0 Not allowed!
    What is wrong with my cory cat? I just noticed this today. I thought it looked weird a while ago but thought it was my imagination. I have not tested my water yet and we have been side tracked so water changes have not been great. What do I need to do to make him better? And is this fixable? Two pics provided. Not sure if I should do a 50% water change or a complete clean of the tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like it may be a fungal infection. I recommend waiting until some others post here with more knowledge. As far as a complete cleaning vs. a 50% water change, you should be safe with the water change, but I would hold off on the complete cleaning at this time until you know more about what you have going on. Last thing you need is to set off a mini cycle through a full cleaning with the fish already stressed out.

do you have a quarantine tank setup that you could put the fish in? Isolation would be the best option immediately so if it is something contagious, it doesn't spread to other tank mates.

So, in short, optimum action initially would be to quarantine the fish. Second, do a full battery of tests - ammo, trites and trates, and ph to see where the water is now. then do a 50% water change. Meanwhile, check this post for more savvy people with illness experience to chime in.

good luck!!
    75 gallon 5x Oreochromis nilotica, 1 Shubunkin, 2 comets, crawfish [from the local creek]
    1 - 30 gallon quarantine tank
    1 - 150 gallon Nilotica breeder tank
    2 - 100 Nilotica grow out tanks
    3 - 75 gallon Nilotica tanks
    3 - 10 gallon Nilotica fry nursery tanks

0 Not allowed!
    I had one that looked just like that. I put him down so he wouldn't just starve to death. They can't grow back a mouth.

0 Not allowed!
    Really unfortunate. Perform a large water change certainly but the larger problem is a neglect of proper fish keeping. I understand that we all get busy and things get hectic but the fish rely on you to provide for them regularly. Testing the water and maintaining a clean environment are paramount.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.