· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Red cherry shrimp and Apistogramma Ramirezi

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,

Can I keep RCS with rams? I don't seem to find anywhere if they are compatible or not.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC Tank! Thanks - Northernguy   you're a distinguished toad - gabbyguppy   

0 Not allowed!
    Rams will eat em if they can get their mouths around em.
    31 Gallon Hagen Waterhome with 2 x 20W T8 6700K Life Glo tubes, Fluval 205 canister filter, Aquaclear 200W and Marineland Stealth 150W heaters, Hydor Hydrokable 50W substrate heating cable with Hydrostat thermostat, Hydor Ario 2 Blue aeration night light. Compressed CO2. Very Heavily Planted.

58 Gallon Hagen Light-Glo/Waterhome with 2x40W T8, 2x Fluval 404/405 canisters filters, Ebo-Jager 250W Heater, Marineland Stealth Pro 300W heater. Compressed CO2. Moderately planted.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

ya needed one - korith   For peein on my parade ;} - smaug   

0 Not allowed!
    NO! Don't even attempt it! i had 30 cherry's in a tank and i needed it for my rams, and they wiped them out within a day! Doesn't matter if they were big enough to fit in their mouth! because they tried anyways!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, thanks, good to know.
    What about red cherry shrimp with a black moor goldfish?
    I know the goldfish will try to eat them, but being a telescope i believe it will have a really hard time catching them. Am i right?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Most fish will eat shrimp. About the only fish that most articles refer to shrimp being safe with are otocinclus. I've kept them with microrasboras which are under an inch in size without any issues. Some fish even if their mouths are small, will try to tear and pick away at the shrimp.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, I have in a 10 gallon aquarium a Black moor and 6 juvi clown loaches (the loaches are going to be moved to a 33 gallon in about a week, had to wait for the aquarium to cycle), and they are breeding like crazy and there is shrimp everywhere.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Any fish over about 1" are going to eat the cherry shrimp with few exceptions.

Blackmoor get quite large and need large tanks, same with clown loaches; easily over a foot but they grow more slowly than the goldfish will. If you can, you should be watching for some larger tanks, you will need them. (Larger than 33 gallons)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I am planning to upgrade to a 100G for the loaches and to a 20 for the goldfish, but that will happen in the summer. They should be ok in the 33 and 10 until then.

Also , the loaches will take ages to get to 20cm , so i have all the time in the world.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7   Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny   Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to see you here again... - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I guess I am in the minority. I have a mated pair of GBR in a tank with a breeding trio of guppies and 6 RCS. Even before I put plants in the tank the inhabitants were fine. Now that I have java fern and moss in the tank and some floating hornwart its a thriving tank that produces ram eggs and guppy fry continuously. I havnt seen shrimp babies and know nothing of them other than the adults are active and exist just fine with rams. I have not lost a shrimp yet and they have been in there several months.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    The tank which I bought my Greman Blue Ram from had Cherry shrimp in it which the Rams didn't seem to bother with. I was going to pick up a few shrimp after my tank matures awhile longer. Maybe I'll watch the dealers tank a bit more closely next time I'm there.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.