· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Nano reef project

0 Not allowed!
    i bought a 10 gallon flat back hex acrylic tank @ goodwill around a month or so, and decided to try my hand at a nanoreef. i have currently a PC retro in the hood with 50/50 bulbs, i have a total of about 7 wpg, as i am using a large pc fixture. i used some LR and LS from my established tank, and within a week the thing was cycled. the stock list is as follows:

1 red shroom (2 daughter polyps about to detatch)
    2 2" frags of green star polyps
    1 yellow sea whip frag (removed from my big tank, eats and grows like a weed)
    3 blue leg hermits
    assorted feather dusters, sponges and pods from the live rock
    several snails

to be added:
    porcelan crab
    several zoas
    several xenia colonies

maintenance:
    1 g w/c every week
    auto top off with RO water
    supplements with various trace elements and phytoplankton (for the gorgonian)

everything is growing and looking great, once i said i would never be in to nanos but now i am starting to het addicted!

75 gallon freshwater, 1 pleco, 1 pumkinseed hybrid sunfish, 1 crayfish, 1 sengal bichir,1 convict cichlid.
    45 gallon-ball python-20 gallon-honduran milk snake. 35 gallon-black rat snake
    10 gallon-black rat snake
    90 gallon reef tank
    10 gallon, 2 darters, 2 cory cats
    come over and count all the scales at my house some time!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    You will only need one frag of Xenia, it will take over from there.

Be careful with filter feeders (Gorgonian, porcelain crab) in such a small tank. If it gets enough food the tank will probably be overfed and end up with algae problems.

You have a good water change schedule (may have top bump up to two gallons a week or one gallon twice a week) so if you have a good salt you shouldn't need anything that adds trace elements.

Be careful with mushrooms, they can get pretty big and can easily take over such a small tank.

Sounds great, any pics yet?
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd love to see some pics

I'm looking forward to readin more about your nano set-up

They are really interesting to me and I would love to try one some day
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the filter feeders have only so much food as i will allow in such a small tank, the sand bed has a good ammount of plankton, hopefully once the system has settled in, most of the nutrients can come from the live sand and adding food will be extra. i change the water at least a gallon a week, but often more if the trates and other elements are out of whack.
    anyway, the gorgonian was in pretty bad shape before it was put in the nano. parts of the skeleton was exposed and it looked like a certain sally lightfoot played pop-the-polyp with it. now, the gorgonian has re covered the tips of the fronds, and the areas in the middle of branches have bridged together. it looks like its trying to branch off some more now.

and i know everyone says watch out for shrooms. i have mine isolated from the other corals on their own "island" of LR. and i can always pop some off and give them to others!

75 gallon freshwater, 1 pleco, 1 pumkinseed hybrid sunfish, 1 crayfish, 1 sengal bichir,1 convict cichlid.
    45 gallon-ball python-20 gallon-honduran milk snake. 35 gallon-black rat snake
    10 gallon-black rat snake
    90 gallon reef tank
    10 gallon, 2 darters, 2 cory cats
    come over and count all the scales at my house some time!