· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

Default Every aquarist should have one of these!

0 Not allowed!
    Somebody out on the highway hit a power pole about 45 minutes ago. They had to de-energize it for awhile, which meant our power went out. My Azoo non-stop pump battery, which I have on the low setting, took over and powered my airstone in the absence of electricity.

Every aquarist should have one of these. They can be a lifesaver during a power outage, if it doesn't last too long. The battery on the low setting will continue to power the tank for up to 20 hours on a full charge, and on the high setting about half that long. As soon as the electricity returns, the battery recharges.

Sure beats having to gas up a generator (which we don't have, anyway)!

-- mermaidwannabe

20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a marine deep cycle battery with an 800W power inverter I have for backup purposes. it can at least run a heater, airstone, and filter for a while.
    75 gallon 5x Oreochromis nilotica, 1 Shubunkin, 2 comets, crawfish [from the local creek]
    1 - 30 gallon quarantine tank
    1 - 150 gallon Nilotica breeder tank
    2 - 100 Nilotica grow out tanks
    3 - 75 gallon Nilotica tanks
    3 - 10 gallon Nilotica fry nursery tanks

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmmm, I think I need to look into getting something like that. I would hate to lose my fish or my BB if the power went out. Something tells me that this winter is going to be worse than last year. Power didn't go out but you never know what can happen with winter storms.
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

0 Not allowed!
    Foster and Smith sells them -- AZOO nonstop pump. You do have to connect up one of the two sets of wires in the battery as soon as you get the pump. With mine, the black wire was already connected, and I had to connect up the red wire exactly the same way. It's really simple. If you don't do that, it won't work. They tell you that, though, in the catalog and in the directions with the pump.

I'm sure glad I got one of those. The power has gone out twice, today -- both times as the result of an auto accident on the highway. I can't believe people just won't slow down on icy, snowy roads! I just hope no one was seriously hurt.

-- mermaidwannabe

20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We just had a bad thunder storm today and apparently a tornado touched down somewhere near by. Sirens were blaring and everything! I believe it because our power was out for about 45 minutes...

Am I still okay? This backup you're talking about... is this about worse case scenarios with power going out for hours and hours?

0 Not allowed!
    If the power goes out in freezing weather, don't run an air stone. Wrap the tanks as quickly as you can in blankets or insulation. Cold will kill faster than the slow dissipation of Oxygen.