· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Azoo Palm Filter

0 Not allowed!
    Can an Azoo Palm Filter be used on a 5 gallon QT?
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

0 Not allowed!
    Yeppers but that's about the limit, and the 5G would have to be lightly 'stocked' in QT, just a couple fish.

I have to say though that if you're not going to keep the filter cycled in another tank that you'd be better off with a sponge filter and daily PWCs to keep the water quality up. Or you could just keep a sponge filter in one of your tanks all the time and plop it in the QT when needed. After treatment/isolation you can bleach the sponge (dechlorinate afterward) and plop it back into another tank to reseed in about a month or so.

I have a couple of the Palm filters and they're great little filters for Betta and other low bio-load tanks.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good. I thought it would be okay. I just have one Bolivian Ram in my QT right now due to constipation. Not using any meds for this so once I get him out of there I can just put the little Azoo sponge back in the filter of my main tank.

I just wanted to make sure that it would be enough filtration for a single fish in the QT.

I didn't know what to do with the sponge in the case of treating the QT with meds so thanks for telling me that part. I'll know what to do if and when I have to use meds for the next little hospital stay for one of my fish.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would put some filter floss ( or stuffing from a pillow) in your filters now, and then you will have some to put in the azoo filter if you need to pull a fish and medicate them.
    30g:: Planted: 1 SAE, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, 5 Guppies, 3 Platys, 1 zebra danio, 9 Rasboras

2.5g: 1 Male Betta

0 Not allowed!
    Heather makes a good point. Having extra seeding sponges would be quite advantageous. If you have multiple incidents or maybe a case with are larger bio-load you could just add another sponge.

Also you can use a lot of different media in these tiny HOBs. I put an AquaClear 20 Sponge on the intake of the Palm and fill the media area inside the Palm with ceramic bio-media (in a bag.) You can also cut an AC20 sponge to fit and fill the media compartment.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherB
    I would put some filter floss ( or stuffing from a pillow) in your filters now, and then you will have some to put in the azoo filter if you need to pull a fish and medicate them.
    Someone gave me that tip a couple of years ago so I already do that with sponges. I take a sponge for my AC30 and cut it into 3 small sponges and put them in my main filter. I don't have to put a fish in my QT that often but whenever I do, I just reach in my main filter and pull out a little seeded sponge and pop it in my azoo filter.

That is a great tip and it makes things much easier whenever a QT has to be used.

Never thought about using filter floss though so that is good to know also.