· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Rainbowfish Veggies?

0 Not allowed!
    In my 40gallon i Have 3 boesmani 1 millennium red rainbowfish, 1 turquoise, and 7 Neon Dwarfs. I feed them some New life Spectrum sinking pellets mixed with some blood worms on the weekends , and im trying to get some veggies in their system by feeding them this. http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...fm?pcatid=4309 and it seems they hate it . What do you guys feed you rainbows for veggies ? brand type thanks or am i just good with feeding them the new life spectrum with blood worms ? im trying to mix it up as much as possible.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you go to this link, the 3rd product down and the 5th product down are what I add for my Rainbows and the go crazy for it.

HTH

http://kensfish.com/kensflake1.html
    Michael

0 Not allowed!
    I also feed spirulina flakes, fish flakes, freeze dried shrimp and blood worms. Rainbows eat from the waters surface so they probably will not eat those sinking pellets.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I also feed spirulina flakes, fish flakes, freeze dried shrimp and blood worms. Rainbows eat from the waters surface so they probably will not eat those sinking pellets.
    Mine actually go to the surface and follow the pellets as they fall and when there are no more at the surface they get the ones that have fell well my big ones not my neon dwarfs. Where you talking about the same flakes i poseted a link to ? it just seems when i put them in the pick at it and leave it alone like im going to throw something else into the tank and once the realize that im not then they go to eat them but this will b like minutes after and i thought that was bad to leave flakes in the tank for more than a minute so thats why i was trying to get something else. Are there sprulinia pellets that you know of so i could try that ?
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I feed my Celebes and my Dwarf Neons diced blanched okra; very easy to digest for them and very nutrient rich, with the seed's helping in providing protein being an added benefit.

Sometimes I also feed them blanched zucchini, though I am beginning to prefer okra as it has more nutrients.

Before I fed my Celebes vegetables they were not very active and most died but since I started the blanched vegetable diet they now are very active and all are doing superb.