· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    LOL...looks like the lab of the mad scientist!

"I vill create a masterpiece! *bwhahaha*"
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    p.s. Gonna grow a brain in that tank???

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    p.s. Gonna grow a brain in that tank???

lol, only if I could figure out how to frag one

Our bulb never showed up yesterday so hopefully today. Then I start doing some serious fragging. My green slimer has grown out of control over the past few weeks.

Had a small flood in the frag tank yesterday. Someone was coming over to buy my last remaining frags, so I bagged them up ahead of time and floated the bags in the frag tank to keep them warm. Then I go back to work. 20 minutes later I get a txt from my finance that the frag tank is overflowing. So I rush home (luckily I live above my work) and unplug the return (get zapped). One of the bags blocked the drain so I moved all of them to the sump. I think we only lost 2-3 gallons, but could have lost 10-15 if no one was home.

The worse part was I had the ballast and powerstrip under the stand. I know not a smart move but I was going to relocate them once I had th light going. Luckily nothing was destroyed and I moved everything away from the tank when I got home.

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear you got lucky man but sorry to hear bout the slight mishap
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    The halide came in yesterday. Its a ton brighter then it was, but not as bright as I expected. Only 100-150 par on the bottom. The tank has a ton of flow which should make up for the lack of light. I put a few frags in last night to see how they liked the light. If they hold there colors by Sunday night, then I'll add more, if not then I'll have to find a different option for lighting. So far their colors look good, not as good as the display, but not half bad

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Out of curiosity labnjab how are you testing your PAR you get at different levels of the tank?
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    An apogee instruments par meter. It belongs to my local reef club, but I'm starting to question its accuracy. Its only showing 80 par in my display on the sand, which doesn't seem right because we have a fast growing croeca clam there and its as happy as a clam and croeca require a lot of light. I'm gonna try to find another par meter to double check it.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry you got zapped. Good thing you caught it when you did.

0 Not allowed!
    Nice ok cool... so labnjab sorry to digress here but how do you know what par levels certain corals or clams should be at? I'm curious since I have my lighting but I haven't found a solid source on what needs what amount of light.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019
    Nice ok cool... so labnjab sorry to digress here but how do you know what par levels certain corals or clams should be at? I'm curious since I have my lighting but I haven't found a solid source on what needs what amount of light.

I can't remember off the top of my head where I originally got the information, but I just use my display as reference for other tanks. Every individual coral is different and flow also play a big factor. I don't thing theres a rule set in stone since other things play a role in growth

For reference, heres where everything is in our tanks, and most things grow extremely well and look awesome, and you will probably achieve different results in your tank.Most of my acros are in 200-400+ par and grow like weeds, but they are also blasted with flow. I also have a few acros on the sand in under 200 par and they seem to grow decent, but not as good as the ones in the higher light levels. Most of the other sps fall in these ranges.

Most of my lps are in 100-150 par and do great as well. Softies in my 10 gallon are anywhere from 50-150 par and all do great, but we also have some xenia in the 75 just below the surface, climbing the glass at around 900 par and i'm shocked their don't melt from the light.

Our clams are in 80-150 par, which is why I don't think the meter is 100 % accurate because I always considered them higher light, and need at least 200 par, yet their doing extremely well, but if it is accurate, proves every individual is different.

Here are a few pictures. I started doing a little fragging. The digi and birdsnest are just in there till I find a spot in the display

FTS

The frags

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish