· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Heres some pictures

The tank and stand. I traded 1 frag for the tank and 5 for the custom made stand. The tank still needs to be cleaned up.

Heres the light. Its old but works great. The reflector should be in this week and I will order all new bulbs soon as well

I also ordered a bulkhead from ebay for $4 which should be in my the middle of the week. Then all thats left is plumbing it in. We have the pump, a mag 5 and 2 koralia evo 750 powerheads. Were going to plumb it in clear hose to simplify it

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like you will have everything you need for a great long weekend project

Can't wait to see it all set-up
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I can't wait to have it running, all I need is the bulkhead and I can set it up.

The thing I like the most is it will simplify weekly water changes. Usually I have to kill the pump to the display, drain and fill 5 gallons from the sump and 5 from the display, then restart everything. With the frag tank hooked up, all I need to do is kill the pump to the frag tank and change the water from the frag tank and be able to leave the display running

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    The bulkhead and reflector have arrived Everything is level and I have 10 gallons mixing in the frag tank and 10 more in my mixing tank. I'm picking up the plumbing tonight at home chepo and hope to have it going tonight. If I'm lucky I'll even get the light hanging, but that may not be until Friday, I still have to decide how I'm going to do it. I'll run it with the old bulbs for now and order all new bulbs before the years over.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    I finished plumbing it this afternoon and it is now up and running. Installation went pretty smooth too.

We do have one setback. The bulbs are junk. I only get 150 par directly under the halide, and only 30 where i plan to keep the coral. My sump light is brighter then this, so for now it will remain empty of frags until we get new bulbs. I need atleast 200-400 par for the sps.

Any suggestions on a good single ended 175 watt bulb that works with a magnetic ballast?

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    I ordered all 3 bulbs tonight. We ordered a blueline 10,000K for the halide and 2 super actinics for the VHO's. Hopefully we will have at least the halide by mid week. The blueline 10,000K is suppose to have great growth and the vho's will provide great coloring

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Here are some pics. Its up and running and we need now is the metal halide bulb and vhos which will be here this week. I also have to find a better way to hang the light, it doesn't completely cover the tank. The picture was taken with just the vho's on, some reason the camera picked it up as extremly purple, but its actually blue in person.

Until we get the light going, I keep it covered up to keep algae from growing on the sides due to the light from the display. By the way, here it is in correlation to the display. I also did a power kill and it only ads a half inch of water to the sump, which is odd because the frag tank loses and inch and a half of water and its the same dimensions as our sump

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Look'n good.

You've got me tempted to start another SW myself !
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Wow... that last picture is really trippy hahaha but the progress looks good! How far away are you from putting some frags in there?
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you

As soon as I get the new metal halide bulb, I can start adding some frags. I hope it will be in early this week, I ordered it Saturday night and its only a few states away. I won't get the VHO's for a few weeks but the halide alone will be more then enough light. Flow in the tank is awesome, those 2 koralia evo 750's move a ton of water so all the sps will be happy. Between those and the mag 5 return pump (minus head loss) were at around 1800 gph which is 90x turnover, and its nice, gentle flow. The frags should grow better then in the display.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish