· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    If you have a UGF with the addition of the AC30 it *may* be enough. However I would still probably opt for a larger filter.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, thanks i will most likely do that. When i get time hahahaha we just got like 8" of fresh snow and i've been sledding all day. Oh the perks of being laid off just in time for the snow to fly!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Store wont take it back because it's opened and used. So what kind of canister filter should i look at? a fluval 205 would that be enough?

0 Not allowed!
    You could easily use a 105 along with the AC30 for some awesome filtration on a 25G...of course yes the 205 alone will be wonderful.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, i just put my emperor 280 the aquaclear 30 and a tetra whisper 10 for trade on the classifieds, and someone said they have a fluval one so hopefully it's the 205 or larger.

Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippielb
    Thanks, i just put my emperor 280 the aquaclear 30 and a tetra whisper 10 for trade on the classifieds, and someone said they have a fluval one so hopefully it's the 205 or larger.
    Thanks!
    I've owned nearly every brand HOB filters on the market. I've not tried the last ten years worth of canisters though as the old ones I have are still going strong. ;-) Canisters have their own quirks and noises too.

Normally replacing the impeller shaft will quiet things down on an HOB.
    Have you had a look inside the impeller compartment with a flash light? One bit of substrate can mess create a lot of noise. The next thing to check is the plastic bearings and the metal shaft. Rust or algae can throw off the weight balance and create noise.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've given it a try to clean the impeller so many times, but still no luck, i've gotten Q-tips and scrubbed in the motor where the impeller goes with out any luck either. It's just groaning louder and louder. I've resorted to sleeping on the couch until my aqua clear is full of bacteria then i'll really try to clean the impeller well. Maybe even try to replace it.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have an Emperor Pro 400, and it is somewhat loud. I bought a tank set that had a Whisper filter with it. I know they're cheap, but it is so quiet I cannot tell it is on, and there is a good selection for tanks <100 gallons at a local intelligent pet store at really cheap prices. Anyone have long term experience with them?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mine was insanely loud. I was nearing hair pulling stage when I decided to try one last way to rig it. I took a plastic toothpick and stuck it next to the intake.. it hasnt groaned again.. heavenly sound of running water is all I have to listen to now!
    75g not quite a FOWLR and not quite a reef with 20 Nassarius snails, 1 Scooter Blenny, 1 Firefish, 1 bicolor angelfish, 6 dwarf hermits, 1 emerald crab, a passel of Margarita snails, the biggest Turbo Snail Ive ever seen, and a partidge in a Kenya Tree.
    40gbreeder Coral/Clam Reef in the making.