· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some fishies with your ribbons - Lady Hobbs   coreys need company - Lady Hobbs   Celebrating my first batch of bred shrimp! - kurly   Because I love my Bolivian Rams :D - kurly   So my first Bolivian won't get lonely - kurly   
    Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - kurly   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - kurly   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - kurly   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - kurly   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - kurly   

Default Feeding my Cherry Shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    If there is plenty of algae on the plants and driftwood do I still need to feed my shrimp? I have something called Shrimp Cuisine that I could feed them but I'm thinking that I may not need to give this to them because every time I check on them, they are all over the plant leaves and driftwood chowing down.

Just want to make sure they are getting enough food but I also don't want to over feed them.

Thanks
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Even if it's a well established tank, with lots of bio-film for them to feed on, you should give them some food to make sure they're getting everything they need. RCS need very little food though. A flake or two of regular fish food every 2-3 days is enough to keep several shrimp going.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some fishies with your ribbons - Lady Hobbs   coreys need company - Lady Hobbs   Celebrating my first batch of bred shrimp! - kurly   Because I love my Bolivian Rams :D - kurly   So my first Bolivian won't get lonely - kurly   
    Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - kurly   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - kurly   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - kurly   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - kurly   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, I'll give them a couple flakes of fish food today.

Thanks!

*Looks like a couple of them are getting their exra nutrition, they are sharing an exoskeleton which is always good to see.
    Last edited by kurly; 11-06-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   Can't give you an award, but have a gift while you are waiting : ) - Little Embers   In memorium to your little angelfish - mermaidwannabe   A bouquet to brighten your day! - kurly   In memory of your loss. - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    I alternate every time I feed mine. One day I'll drop in a 1/4 of a algae wafer, then in a few days time I'll drop in two of the tiny vege wafers and then maybe a few days after that a few fish pellets.

I feed mine every 2-3 days. I currently have approx 7 adults, 5 juvenilles and a heap of teenee tiny babies that are too small and too many to count. LOL!!
    Last edited by ~Col~; 11-07-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    ~Col~

4 ft 60g FW: 2 angels, 4 blind cave, 1 whiteskirt, 4 gold widows, 6 serpaes, 1 neonhead apisto, 4 clown loaches, 4 albino cory, 2 bronze corys & 3 BN plecos.
    23g FW: 1 neonhead apisto, 1 yoyo, 2 albino BN plecos & 4 pepper cory
    5.5g: Crowntail Betta, 6 black Khuli's & RCS
    5 g: Crowntail Betta, 1 albino cory (Quasi), 4 baby khuli's & RCS
    7 g: Dragontail Betta & 2 albino cory
    3ft Axi tank: 1 black, 1 gold - 1 redcap oranda & 2 albino cory

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    lol.... Thanks Col, That's the kind of information that I was looking for

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I have several hundred shrimp in one tank, I usually drop an algae wafer or two in there. Depending on how long it takes to disappear, it gives me an idea of how often and how much to drop in there. I try not to add too much to the tank though, I have safely not fed them for 2-3 weeks at a time, they survive off of whatever is in the tank, algae or plants or off micros on the sponge filter. Try adding a small chunk of algae wafer to the tank, see how long it takes to poof, then go from there.