· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for the patience - Lady Hobbs   and a mate - Lady Hobbs   Seems fitting that you should recive the first one - William   I love Goldfish! - Xavier   something for the fish to snack on - korith   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Xavier   

Default No home for pleco

0 Not allowed!
    I have been trying to re-home my juvenile common pleco (2-3 inches) for 2 weeks now with no success. Not one hit on my ad, here or craigslist. Maybe I scared off most people by saying that they needed a large tank, despite the pleco being free.

He has stopped looking for algae, or caring about zucchini, and just waits until I feed the goldfish in the morning and at night, eating the sinking NLF pellets. Problem is he can't seem to find them on his own, so he ignores the 2-3 pellets near him and follows the goldfish, swimming under them and eventually locking on to one of the pellets, then swimming backwards to a hiding spot. After 45 seconds, he drops that piece and goes in search of another one... and there better be one left, or he starts following the goldfish again, occasionally swimming up to bump and chase them.

Tonight it was just too much, and he was chasing the smallest ranchu around the tank and back again. I netted him and put him in a 2L container as I prepared the 5gal bucket for him. He'll spend the night in there and tomorrow he'll be put in a bag and brought to my LFS. I have the receipt, but I don't want anything for him... he deserves a big tank free of goldfish. I wanted to avoid the LFS return...

Little Algernon:

I groom ranchus. That is all.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry you're having such trouble. Unfortunately, they're called "common" for a reason. The market is saturated with people who found out they get bigger than expected.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for the patience - Lady Hobbs   and a mate - Lady Hobbs   Seems fitting that you should recive the first one - William   I love Goldfish! - Xavier   something for the fish to snack on - korith   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Xavier   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, what I've discovered with plecos is that they don't co-habitat well with other fish. The common pleco would be in the betta tank right now, and since the betta eats at the surface, ignoring any food that goes past the first 2 inches of water, they would not fight for food.... but the BN is in the betta tank since it was hurting my goldfish by slapping them about while trying to eat.

I could put the common pleco with the BN in the betta tank but I'm sure they would both get territorial... 15gal just ain't big enough for 2 plecos...
    I groom ranchus. That is all.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    its really too bad. he looks very cute. if you were in vancouver i would grab him from you.
    60. Platies, Swordtails
    60. Platies, Pleco.
    20. Harlequin Rasbora, Platies
    10. Guppies, Swordtails, Platies.
    **Live plants in all**