· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Help!!!!

1. Exclamation Help!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    I recieved two scooter blennies as a gift about a week ago and was told that they would find enough to eat in my three month old 35g tank. Heard a lot about that not being true. They won't accept processed foods and i don't know if my tank has enough food for them to find. What should I do????

2. Question

0 Not allowed!
    ... any feedback?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a refugium? I have a 10g display tank with a 10g sump (half of which is a fuge) and I hardly ever feed my clownfish any processed food. Look along the glass to see if you notice any copepods running along the glass. If you see them, you may have enough throughout the tank to feed them. You can also feed the tank phytoplankton in order to encourage copepod growth in the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    You can often buy copepods to replace the ones your fish eat, it is expensive to do so. You could try small frozen foods soaked in garlic as that sometimes will help attract them. But I would definatly re-home one of the blennies, you will have a MUCH easier time keeping one fed well enough. 2 in a tank that size is going to be very difficult.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

5. Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    k thx. don't want my two blennies to die. idk what I'll do yet but ill try ur suggestions.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I feed my Scooter the Arctipods. Expensive as all getout to initially buy it, but it lasts forever! I got lucky and have a food hound that will eat anything it can get in its mouth.
    75g not quite a FOWLR and not quite a reef with 20 Nassarius snails, 1 Scooter Blenny, 1 Firefish, 1 bicolor angelfish, 6 dwarf hermits, 1 emerald crab, a passel of Margarita snails, the biggest Turbo Snail Ive ever seen, and a partidge in a Kenya Tree.
    40gbreeder Coral/Clam Reef in the making.

0 Not allowed!
    I would rehome them, their best bet for survival is a established tank (6+months) with 100 lbs or more of live rock

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb A little something for a friend!! - Patriot Thanks for being there! - NickFish have a gift - mitcore :D - harls_aussie 
    I hope your dwarf gourami gets better!!! - Blue Ram A little something for my troubles - Tigerbarb Here you go mate! - Tolley My gift, lol - Tigerbarb Another one of my gifts lol - Tigerbarb 
    happy birthday - digger MORE!!! - Tigerbarb thanks! - The Red Severum you have no frog lol - angelcakes the closest thing to a moorish idol :) - Tigerbarb 
    here you go :) - OscarFan Have an oscar bud! - Soxfan For you my homie - xximanoobxx Happy Holidays - travie Merry Christmas - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by labnjab
    I would rehome them, their best bet for survival is a established tank (6+months) with 100 lbs or more of live rock
    Agreed. Rehoming them definitely increases their chances of survival.
    "Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    amping up the lighting and tuning down any skimmers a bit will increase algea growth. if need be, try to only get rid of one first
    v^-Kai-^v

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized"
    -Sun Tzu