· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

0 Not allowed!
    No freak'n way

I am so sorry to hear about this, that is just awful.

Maybe you should think of it this way, you can now take this opportunity to change the things about the old set-up that you did not like, but could not change before. Maybe a tank up-grade as well ???

I'm sorry to hear about the set-back
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear that dude. One bad break after another.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the condolences...

Cliff I'd love to get a pre-drilled 75 gal however I'm a little tight for cash with senior year coming up and if I wanna restock it'll take some bucks... so unfortunately I believe I'll be sticking with my current set up... I thought about drilling it... but I'm just gonna stick with my siphoning overflow more just so I can get what's left back into the DT and get it all situated (not super happy about it but that's the way it goes) plus I wanna keep in mind that I'm moving out soon after senior year so I don't wanna have a massive set-up that'll be a pita to move... so it'll most likely be lightly stocked and be able to be broken down and transported rather simply (that's the goal at least lol)

Live and learn I guess... I'm excited to restock but this is definitely a humbling experience to have something go to s**t that fast
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    absolutely gutted for you buddy :( :( :(

Have you considered not setting it back up yet and doing a nano instead till after you have moved house?
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    I have, that's actually what I was kicking around today... I was kicking around just doing a 20 gal or something nice and small that way I don't have to completely take down and put it back up

I think I'm just wavering on the confidence to maintain a smaller tank like that... so that and the lack of lighting are what's holding me up... however if I did do a nano I'd most likely switch to LED lighting (which is exciting haha)

The only thing holding me up is that I love the big (well big to me) 55 haha and I'd like to try a nem again and have some other stocking options... but I have to be realistic so idk
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Ohhhh, DIY Led ;)

I'm sure whatever you decide on you're gonna have an awesome tank mate.

You've learned loads since starting that tank.
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence man

0 Not allowed!
    Started re-filling the tank last night, added the rock from the rubber maids, which I did a FW soak in for a minute or so each to get rid of any remaining flatworms or anything of the like that could cause me an issue down the road

I have about half of my rock back in the tank and the tank is a whole fresh batch of SW so I'm letting that mix and just hang out for the time being I'm going to test the params tonight to make sure there isn't a huge amount of amonia leeched into any of them that the tank can't handle

GOOD NEWS: There is one surviver of the screw up on my part... the Green Clown Goby is alive... I found him in the bottom of one of the rubber maids I emptied out so that's good news and makes me a little happier

The coral is holding but I don't wanna plop them in just yet I wanna make sure I'm not gonna kill them by putting them in since they seem to be holding steady in the rubber maid I transferred them to

I need to do a little PVC work and it should be back in business... still gotta figure out how I wanna hang my lighting or build a canopy but that's for later

0 Not allowed!
    That's great news Hockeyhead
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]