· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff I'm looking into getting rid of them since they've exploded in the past couple days :/ I'll probably use flatworm exit since it's said to be reef safe but I'm still doing some reading... more reading is making me nervous though b/c apparently they can lead to a tank crash if they start to die off at once so I need to take care of this asap

I really hate adding chemicals to the tank though so I'm looking to see what eats them and it looks like a wrasse is the best shot right now but we'll see I have to keep reading... if anybody has any suggestions feel free
    Last edited by hockeyhead019; 03-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Good new found my yellow goby... bad news... it's in my sump!! Lol I'll have to get him out today when I get home from work

He'll be ok for the time being since there really isn't anywhere to go so he'll just be hanging out there.... still haven't seen the other one but wouldn't be shocked if he's down there to so I'll dig around and see who pops out down there haha
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    I would get a wrasse. Shortly after starting our 75 we had a lot of flatworms. A week after adding a yellow corris wrasse the flatworms were gone (except in the sump). Then we started noticing them in the frag tank so we got a 6 line wrasse and 1 week later they were gone from the frag tank. Then the 6 line wrasse took the water slide to the sump and cleaned up the remaining ones in the sump.

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

0 Not allowed!
    Quick update on my latest addition:

I ordered a green BTA from LiveAquaria.com and it arrived dead... called them and ordered again and got this guy... he's kinda smaller than I thought he'd be but looks pretty good right now and the clowns sleep there at night. I have got him to eat a little so far but nothing big (I don't have any shrimp available right now which is usually what I feed the bigger stuff... actually just the duncan and the nem haha)

He looks healthy and looks more like a RBTA instead of the GBTA I ordered but whatever I'm happy :)

0 Not allowed!
    He looks good hockeyhead. I'm glad to hear your clowns are hosting already.

Might be a good idea to wait a week or two to feed him. He might need a little time to settle into his new home.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It looks Good to me

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    He looks good hockeyhead. I'm glad to hear your clowns are hosting already.

Might be a good idea to wait a week or two to feed him. He might need a little time to settle into his new home.
    Yea that's probably a good idea... I tend to be over-anxious with that haha I guess it's because nothing settles me more than a good meal hahaha so I treat my creatures the same... I'll keep an eye on him, if he starts looking weak I'll see if he'll eat, but he hasn't moved in the past three days so I hope he's happy haha

0 Not allowed!
    It's a very good sign that he has stayed in one spot.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I'm hoping man, he's got his foot planted way in a nook of the rock that he picked and that's not where he started when I put him in the tank so I'm hoping he's happy and will continue to be colorful!

His color is really cool too, he has like a rose colored tip with a slight neon green at the base, very cool imo

0 Not allowed!
    Nem has gone hiding somewhere and I've had what I assume to be a water quality issue since my zoas closed up and have died off... I did a big water change and all the corals are noticeably happier but I'm still looking for the culprit who causes my zoas to die off...

Other than that nothing too new with the tank. Still fighting off the damn flatworms but they haven't done anything too harmful yet which is good... I'm eyeing up a yellow wrasse as my next fish and possibly a banggaii cardinal after that at which point I think I'll be approaching my fully stocked limit.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast