· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    You should be able to keep a Gingantea in a 55

Giant carpet anemone (Stichodactyla Gigantea) can max out at 1.5' and a saddleback anemone (Srichodactyla Haddoni) can get up to 2'.

Depending on how you arrange you rock work, you could get a gigantea. Even if the anemone did reach it maximum size, you would have a few years at least before you would have to re-home it or get a bigger tank. Typically, most of them stay around 12 to 13"

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...511#post913511
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Haven't updated this thread in a while... nothin too interesting to report though lol

Still trying to figure out what fish I'll be adding next and whether or not I'll be able to get another nem (definitely still want to) but stocking has really been halted due to lack of funds :/ but that is what it is lol

Also I want to add some more rock work but don't know what I wanna do specifically, whatever it is it'll have to be done with pre-cured rock so I don't have a huge ammonia spike but as of now I still have the two large piles on either side and I was kicking around the idea of somehow making a bridge like structure across from one pile to the other but idk how yet (possibly a pvc frame with the rocks siliconed to it but not sure yet)

In terms of the next fish it'll most likely be a royal gramma when I get the cash (probably late January since that's when I'll start my Co-Op) and I'll most likely get a nem then too... I'll post some growth pictures tomorrow for you guys but as of now things are closed b/c of the lighting going off lol
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Why not get some dry rock and add that instead ?

It's a lot cheaper and in a few short months, it will become live rock anyways. That's what I have done when adding rock to both of my tanks after they were cycled. And most no risk of a ammoina spike that way as well
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    wow duh didn't even think of that haha thanks man!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    just watch your phosphates when adding dry rock. Many places do not pre-soak their dry and if you stick in directly in the tank it can cause a sharp rise in phosphates. Sources like Bulk Reef Supply and Marco Rock both pre-soak their rock to release all the phosphates.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info ILMGB I'll be sure to order from one of them (I was most likely going with Macro Rock since I've heard great stuff about them already) but ok cool thanks again!

0 Not allowed!
    I love Marco Rock. I have 100lbs of their Key Largo rock in my 210 and it's beautiful rock. Many people in my local club are starting to go with the Pukani dry rock from BRS. This is possibly the most porous dry rock available. Pukani allows you to get about 1/2 to 1/3 the poundage and still have the same filtering capacity as traditional Fiji rock. About 50lbs of Pukani dry rock will give you roughly the same volume of rock as 100lbs of traditional Fiji rock.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    well due to lack of funds there haven't been any updates to the tank besides the kenya tree corals slowly taking over the tank haha

thankfully I start my co-op (paid wohoo) in the next two weeks so once I pay off my school debts I'll be able to make some upgrades to the tank on the list are:

1. Trash-can (or some type of container next to the tank) to hold pre-mixed water where I can just run a PVC pipe out of and flip a couple valves and have the pump sucking water out of the reservoir to fill up after a WC

2. New fish? (no idea what though:/ I flip-flop between a bunch all the time haha) Possibly a royal gramma, bangaii cardinal pair, or something different, maybe some type of butterfly? Idk like I said I'm bounce around between a ton of options all the time haha

3. Dry rock to add a little more to the scaping, hopefully something cool like an over-pass between my two large piles or something to give the tank some cool depth

4. When I think the time is right maybe another anemone, most likely a bta but not sure yet... depends

Keep in mind that's the plan until into next year, none of it will be rushed and will be well planned

I'm also kicking around the idea of LED's b/c I love the full control you have over the lighting but they are so much $$ and my T5's work just fine lol

0 Not allowed!
    What ???????

we have to wait this long between up-dates and no pics

Glad to hear the tank is still doing good

0 Not allowed!
    haha I'll grab a couple pics tomorrow when the lights come back on for ya :)

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast