· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I think nassarius snail eat up stuff off the sand bed. But I'm not 100% sure of that, you would have to double check that before thinking of adding them

Pretty cool to hear about your claims.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Well according to the water tests the cycle is compeleted!!!!:) A day before two weeks

There are some nitrates left (about 5.0ppm) but other than that there is no ammonia and no nitrites :)

Sooooo... now what? lol all this time researching I spent mainly focusing on getting the tank set up and cycled correctly lol.

Ok so maybe that was a lie, I do have some things I was looking to put in the tank. First would be an emerald crab. Don't know why but I've been fascinated with these little dudes haha definitely think it'd be cool to pick up one of them a peppermint shrimp and a couple snails. And that's all I'll start with haha.

I gotta get a fan to cool my lights, hopefully tomorrow from home depot haha just looking to get a little clip on fan, small enough to not be obnoxious but definitely a little overkill for moving some air over the reflectors and the ballast. Once I get that I'll start having the lights on for their normal operation period. Anybody have any advice for how much time to have them on for? I was thinking somewhere around 10hrs a day? Idk honestly so if anybody can input what they've had success with that'd be great haha

I'm really pumped haha can't wait to do some little stocking!

My plans are to make a fuge in the sump. My open compartment would be cool with some sand and a cheato I think and maybe a little piece of rock. (all this is money dependent aka won't be happening for a little haha) I have to do some more reading on fuges but I think it'd be benefitial since they're a safe haven for pods which the fish eat but if they reproduce and then get pumped to the tank every now and then that's fine by me lol

I'm yet again rambling sorry lol... no new pics as the tank looks the exact same from the last FTS haha I'll let you guys know when I grab some livestock. We have a storm coming so I probably won't start any stocking for a little while, maybe a week or so but hopefully I'll have some stuff in the tank next weekend... hopefully haha
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    I'm having pretty good luck with my lighting timings. I have my main lights on my HO T5 light fixture on for only 9 hours and everything has been looking good so far. Here's what I'm doing:

- 1 hour of moon lights
    - 1 hour two super blue light bulbs
    - 9 hours 6 bulbs (2 super blue, 3 white, 1 pink)
    - 1 hour two super blue
    - 1 hour moon lights

If you can power you 4 lights in pairs, you might want to think about starting with 2 bulbs, going to the full 4, then finishing with two.

From what I've read it can be better to simulate natural lighting cycles for some corals. I don't know how true that is, buy my lighting cycle will allow me to have lighting on the tank for loinger without adding too much risk for aglae growth

9 hours will be fine tho
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Ok cool thanks. I can't control them in pairs at the time being since I have them all wired to one ballast but I don't think I'll be getting any super picky corals any time soon so it should be ok to just have them full blast or nothing lol... i hope haha
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    You should be OK

Congrats on the cycle BTW

Pretty cool your ready to start stocking,..... and posting a few pics of the new additions

0 Not allowed!
    Ok well idk why everything is so damn expensive lol I guess cuz it's all SW and not readily available. BUT anyways I'm hoping to get an emerald crab a hermit (probably blue) and a couple snails for my tank tomorrow from one of the LFS about 20 mins away. I'll post pictures before they go in the tank since we may never see them again after that lol

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    It is funny (sorta) when you put your CUC in the tank...and then get totally excited when you have a rare siting of them...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Last night my wife and I spent 20 minutes playing "find the snails".

We have 20 snails in total, but to most we could find by just looking at the tank was 8.

0 Not allowed!
    Haha nice nice but yea I really don't expect to see them... signs of them hopefully but not necessarily them haha that's why I'll get a picture up when I have them aclimating :)

right now the plan is an emerald crab a blue hermit crab and maybe 3 snails... not sure on the snails part but definitely the crabs...

0 Not allowed!
    Well the best laid plans have gone astray... well they've gone a clownfish hahaha

Grabbed a pair of ocellaris clowns I couldn't help it haha and I got my planned emerald crab (no pics of him tho since he bolted when I put him into the tank and I haven't seen him yet lol)

Heres a couple pics of the clowns:

Smaller of the two but definitely more adventurous haha

Slightly larger of the two but a little more camera shy lol

The two together... looks like a much bigger size difference then it actually is haha

The got to their new (spacious compared to the store) home today at around 3pm and since then they've begun to explore around the tank more and more (when the lights are off... they tend to still get spooked when I turn my lighting on, but that's to be expected lol)

I fed them some brine shrimp about 20 mins ago, just took a bunch and put them in the tank to blow around lol (probably not the best feeding method but hey they ate) and the two clowns accepted it pretty quickly haha so that was definitely a relieving sign. I'll be keeping an eye on them for the next three days to make sure there isn't any problems with the adjustment to the new tank

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast