· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Red face 55G CA Community Suggestions.

0 Not allowed!
    Im still on the fence about how i would like to go about converting my 55g setup up to a CA community Tank. Im still looking for suggestions Possibilities before i give the go ahead to my LFS to order what i want. So Plz Throw stuff out that works for you , would work good, doesnt hurt to try , just anything plz thnks. i want to Build Around the FireMouths.

My plan that im leaning towards
    2-3 FireMouths
    1 Convict
    1 Blue Acara
    10-12 Columbian Tetras ( As Dithers )
    1-2 Syno Cats

The Tank will have a Sand bottom With rocks as caves and a few Fake Plants and a few Real Plants...
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone... Im going to make the order on Tue...

0 Not allowed!
    I would leave the con out unless it is female. Honestly I would get 6 Firemouths and grow them out until a pair is formed then trade the 4 spares into the LFS and consider picking up a female con and an acara later on. Be careful buying Synos many of them grow quite large, and honestly I would stick to more of a SA catfish considering the requirements of your tetras.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    I would leave the con out unless it is female. Honestly I would get 6 Firemouths and grow them out until a pair is formed then trade the 4 spares into the LFS and consider picking up a female con and an acara later on. Be careful buying Synos many of them grow quite large, and honestly I would stick to more of a SA catfish considering the requirements of your tetras.
    So a pair would work with other fish ? i always thought and got replies that once the FM start to mate anything in the tank besides dithers are in danger ... And what type of cats are SA? I was thinking of pictus ? but yea thanks for the reply . and i can only do a single con and acara with the pair ?

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    I would go with Bn or another smaller pleco instead of the syno cats. I think the convict would be too much as well. The other cichlids will fill the tank nicely.

0 Not allowed!
    And be aware the firemouths start spawning very early and spawn constantly. I had to cull 400 of them because I simply could not find a way to get rid of them all.

No convict and I would also not add tetra's. Perhaps some giant danio's.

0 Not allowed!
    I thought you were putting your rainbows in this tank?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rich311k
    I would go with Bn or another smaller pleco instead of the syno cats. I think the convict would be too much as well. The other cichlids will fill the tank nicely.
    at this moment i dont feel like dishing out the cash to fill the tank with driftwood thats why i was thinking of syno cats since they can handle if being bullied....

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    And be aware the firemouths start spawning very early and spawn constantly. I had to cull 400 of them because I simply could not find a way to get rid of them all.

No convict and I would also not add tetra's. Perhaps some giant danio's.
    Columbians are big enought arnt they ? just as big as congos and can swim ?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another idea i thought of was as pair of blue acara FM and two other cichlids . I mainly want each fish to have its on identity so like a can single them out thats what im going for and variety.