· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ken's Fish Food

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Should i scrap my commercialized fish foods and hop on the wagon ? it seems like tetra and stuff(which i have mostly of) is the cup of noodles of fish foods and kens foods and such things like it is better for fish correct? i wanna give my rainbows the best diet to have them to be healthy grow and their color to pop.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Depends on what your feeding, if your are feeding brants like Tetra and Wardley...then yes definitely. If you are feeding Hikari, Sera, Ocean Nutrition, OSI...then meh you wont see a difference in fish health.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    Depends on what your feeding, if your are feeding brants like Tetra and Wardley...then yes definitely. If you are feeding Hikari, Sera, Ocean Nutrition, OSI...then meh you wont see a difference in fish health.
    I have Tetra Spriluna Flakes and Color pellet or something then some new life spectra pellets frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. so that would be a yes ?
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    That really isnt a bad diet for the fish, you could add some kens to it if you like.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Let me add my praise for Ken's. All my fish inhale the Spirulina. I feed tropical flakes to my barbs & tetras & cichlid flakes to the mbuna. The extra 1/2 lb bags keep in the freezer. Super fast delivery, he responds quickly to emails. He's a great guy, you won't be disappointed. I'll be re-ordering more next month.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm waiting for my first supply of Kens Fish Food to come. I ordered Natural Tropical Flake Frenzy. I should have also ordered some cichlid food too but didn't.

Anyway, it should arrive tomorrow. I have a question... I want my food to last longer and hear that you can put the flakes in the freezer. Never done that before and am wondering do you split the food up in smaller baggies and then place them in the freezer?

I hear so many good things about his food so I'm hoping that my fish will like it!
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Reviving an older thread, I ran across this one and didn't feel the need to open a new one.

I want to add Ken's into my feeding rotation for my eight tiger barbs. I've read too many good things to pass up. Currently I'm feeding them:

Hikari micro pellets - daily staple
    Frozen tubifex worms - snack several times/week
    Frozen daphnia - snack several times/week
    Hikari mini algae wafers - two every 1-2 days

I'm thinking about either rotating between the Hikari and Ken's pellets for the staple, but don't know which to go for. I'm also considering just swapping out the micro pellets entirely because I feel they are a bit too small for the barbs, although they seem to really love them! Will the 1.5mm pellets from Ken's be a better size for them?

So, asking for recommendations on possible Ken's pellet to add to the existing rotation or possilby a new staple to replace my current staple.

0 Not allowed!
    Sure glad this thread come back to life. I was about to order more fish food in the morning and had forgotten about Kens. So, I canceled $15 worth of food and went to Kens and spent $50. LOL Lots of different stuff to order there and my fish will be having a smörgåsbord.

Hope they make the bags!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The only complaint I have about about Ken's is it breaks down in water very quickly, especially the pellets. This makes a mess in the tank and increases maintenance time. I have seen people on other boards with the same complaint.

Not all fish will eat in 2-3 minutes and some are very messy eaters. I've had better luck with some of the other brands of food Ken's carries.
    Stephen
    13 tanks for a total of 755 gallons

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm... that's something to think about. The barbs eat quick, but the're not gentle abotu it. I don't want them tearing up their food and having a bunch of debris settling down. I wish there was a way to get samples from Ken. I really don't want to end up with 1/2 pound of food, albeit it doesn't cost much... but that's just a lot of food!