· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ken's Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    I notice he sells New Life Spectrum foods. Neither of my LFSs carry that line. Nice to know I can get it from him.

He has a nice, user friendly homepage and I like the option of ordering by phone instead of being restricted to online transactions. I also like that he accepts checks.

Sounds really good!

-- mermaid

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's your first algae! - Lady Hobbs   more fishies - Lady Hobbs   needs a friend - Lady Hobbs   Wait... you have THAT 210 and no discus gifts yet???   :) - harpua2002   No Message - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    If you got facebook, its Ken Menard. He talks there as well.

He is a great gift to this hobby.

If you do pay online you get the order 3 days later, by phone I couldn't tell you, but he is 100% safe and 100% secure. He refused to process my order till I proved I was who was ordering because I dont use my last name on paypal just my suffix of Jr. makes it harder to steal my identity that way, I learned the first time. Either way you wont go anywhere else again.
    Last edited by WhiteDevil; 10-23-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A Guppy for your tank - gabbyguppy   You need more than 1! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Pretty much the same story here...I ordered on the 20th and got it today (the 23rd). Definitely will ordering more in the future..
    55 Gallon...3 Peppered Corys
    ...4 Panda Corys
    ...6 Glo-light Tetras
    ...3 White clouds
    ...1 Female Guppy
    ...6 Marbled Hatchets
    ...1 Bristle Nose

10 Gallon...2 Baby Peppered Corys
    ... 2 Male Guppys

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I think I am totally sold on buying Kens for my next type of food but I cannot decide on which one to get. I was going to get NLS community for my tank before reading all the good recommendations about Ken's. is the Ken's Premium Super Color Pellets 1.0mm the closest match or should I go with flake food?

I plan on adding some neon tetras, guppies (or platies) to my existing community so I want to pick up a food that is good for most of them. I will also pick up some Ken's Premium Veggie Wafers for my the otos I want to add too.

Thanks
    29g fresh planted community 1 Thick Lipped Sunset Gourami, 5 pristella x-ray tetras, 6 neon tetras and 3 platies with amazon sword and rotala indinca
    2.5g Betta tank with 1 male
    10 Gallon QT tank 3 MM Platy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's your first algae! - Lady Hobbs   more fishies - Lady Hobbs   needs a friend - Lady Hobbs   Wait... you have THAT 210 and no discus gifts yet???   :) - harpua2002   No Message - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by procyg
    Ok I think I am totally sold on buying Kens for my next type of food but I cannot decide on which one to get. I was going to get NLS community for my tank before reading all the good recommendations about Ken's. is the Ken's Premium Super Color Pellets 1.0mm the closest match or should I go with flake food?

I plan on adding some neon tetras, guppies (or platies) to my existing community so I want to pick up a food that is good for most of them. I will also pick up some Ken's Premium Veggie Wafers for my the otos I want to add too.

Thanks
    I just got some spirulina and meat wafers and they decided to float. im not sure if its a heavy aerated batch or what but with my overflow its no good.

What fish do you keep?
    for the tropical fish you got you can get the super tropical flake and the guppy flake , mix the two together maybe add some beefheart and veggie flake too. I buy 6 different 1/2 pounds of flake at once and 2-4 wafers plus 10 pounds of bloodworms, the order lasts usually 3-4 months.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cause you cory is probably lonely. - Scrup   Keep your chin up! - Kazenouta   Gourami-ness - Zilla   Happy Easter - Zilla   Congrats on the betta and the boyfriend! - wolf_eyes   

0 Not allowed!
    I generally get the Colormax for my community tanks. I sometimes get the tropical too, as it has a variety all mixed in.

The veggie sticks plus calcium are great for shrimp ... mine inhale them. My barbs and rummynose will peck at them fairly often as well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    I feed my community tank the following:

marine flakes(works for the reef fish and is fine for the FW)
    4 bit blend
    veggie wafers
    earthworm sticks
    super color crumble #2

Im keeping Angelfish, Rosy Barbs, Brilliant Rasbora, BN Plecos, Otos, Bettas, and an older than dirt 3spot Gourami fat and happy on that mix as a staple. They also get frozen bloodworms, spirulina enriched brine shrimp, and emerald entree.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I usually get a few lb of the flake, two pounds of the mixed sticks, and 2 pounds of the veggie wafers. Used to get the earthworm and the bits, but I managed to cut it down to just these for now.

I feed- Oto's, corries, gold barbs, kuhlis, shrimp, apple snails, bristlenose plecos, Blood parrots, angelfish, synodontis, Brevis, ocellatus, multifasciatus, kribs, jewel cichlids, bala sharks, goldfish, and dojo loaches.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    How do some of you store the extra food? Is it safe to refrigerate it or just keep it in zip lock bags?
    29g fresh planted community 1 Thick Lipped Sunset Gourami, 5 pristella x-ray tetras, 6 neon tetras and 3 platies with amazon sword and rotala indinca
    2.5g Betta tank with 1 male
    10 Gallon QT tank 3 MM Platy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    I bought some containers at the dollar store which have a flip top and a seal to keep it airtight...they hold 1lb of food so it works out well for the kens.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons