· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being a champion =D - Full3R   you need a tang! - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Cool, I learned something from this thread!
    I didn't realise that some tanks will be drilled for a sump!!!
    Currently: Spotted Blue-eyes, two species of Australian shrimp, Ornate Rainbowfish, Guppies, Corydoras, goldfish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    with fish-only you have to worry about salinity and nitrates and nitrites only. with corals and anemones, you have lighting to worry about, and that tank is not set-up efficiently for salt lights. with corals, you also need a protein skimmer. even a tad sensitive anemones like condys like skimmers. without one, theyre not at full potential

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

*Kicks* :P - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   off to europe monday! time to get some aquarium stuff - cocoa_pleco   shaken or stirred??? - cocoa_pleco   Back at ya lol - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Pavlovski
    Cool, I learned something from this thread!
    I didn't realise that some tanks will be drilled for a sump!!!
    If you ever see a fish tank that has a big black thing that looks like a box against the back of the tank or off to the corner, that is an overflow, basically, that's where the tank has been drilled and hides all the tubing for the sump or canister filter. Basically, your fliter tubes and pipes come from directly underneath your tank into the overflow. It hides everything very nicely.

To me, it looks like a 55g by the way the canopy looks, but hard to say to be exact.

As other's mentioned, a fish tank is a tank, it's only saltwater or freshwater because you make it that way by adding salt, live rock, and such for a saltwater.
    A Grumpy German Is A Saurkraut!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being a champion =D - Full3R   you need a tang! - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, OK!
    I think the ones I've usually seen haven't been drilled, instead they have an extra pipe for intake...
    Currently: Spotted Blue-eyes, two species of Australian shrimp, Ornate Rainbowfish, Guppies, Corydoras, goldfish.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I went and got the tank. It looks like its a 49 gallon 48x12 1/2x19 1/2

what was in the boxes:

Filter Regent Aqua-Tech 20-40
    Aqua Clear Mini
    Penguin Bio-Wheel 330 Power Filter
    Aqua-Tech 5-15 Power Filter
    Penn Plax Sub Set 300 watt
    Hi-Tech Pump-380 30-80gallon
    Double Outlet Aquarium Air Pump (Aquaculture)
    Aquarium Heater 50 watt
    (2) Penguin 660 Power Head 170 GPH
    Wardley Master Professional Water Test Lab
    (5) Power-Glow 15watts
    Bag of Salt

There’s a box with a ton of chemicals like ammonia, also assorted fish food, fake coral and cleaning stuff.

The tank and supplies are in it fair condition. All this for $200. I think I got a good deal.

My last question. Is how much is it to run a salt water tank a month? For now I am thinking of just having a fish only tank with sand and fake coral or somthing like that because I am a biginner and all.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have been looking on this form to see if you have a section where you guys post pictures of your tanks but I can find it. Am I not looking hard or is there no form?
    Last edited by Pats2006; 06-22-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    49g? thats a odd size!

saltwater costs are often the initial blow. the lights, protein skimmer, substrate, sea salt, and sometimes the LR need to be bought at the start. after that, its smooth running. in the first month my 33g with everything tank included and stand set me back about 800$, and now its about 50$ a month for salt and food.

tank pictures are a sticky in the chatterbox