· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axolotl

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Way too high. Keep them inside without a doubt.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    rightio then simple enough, just get a big inside tank for them
    Lots of snakes and lizards
    1 Golden Pearl Flowerhorn.
    1 18" Nano reef.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Latley there has abeen a demand at the local fish stores for Axolotls
    People, only teenagers i know of
    Have found a way to metamorphis Axolotls without the injection of drugs
    Apprently

The way to do it is:

get a tank with a large surface mass,

lower the water till its just above the axolotl's "dorsal fin" (the fin type thing that connects to the tail ontop)

lay the gravel in, You create some area above water so they may go on land, and others so they may be completely submersed only just though

you feed them as you would normally, only adding crickets to roam on the above land

have no airation in the water,

it takes a few weeks apprently, but they do metamorphis i have only seen one fully metamorphosed axolotl in real life so far, But apprently, the low water oxygen, and food available on land tricks the axolotls into metamorphising to adapt to live in the better aobve water conditions
    but yes, thought i should let you know
    1 18" Nano reef.

0 Not allowed!
    When it metamorphasizes it is known as the Mexican Salamander and only lives several years.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Full3R, that's exactly what my old 1981 book describes as a way to get them to metamorphosise (if you want them to).
    Currently: Spotted Blue-eyes, two species of Australian shrimp, Ornate Rainbowfish, Guppies, Corydoras, goldfish.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    For a species that is supposed to never metamorphosize, I doubt it is good for them. If you want a large terrestrial salamander, get a fire.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm the only salamanders I have ever seen available in aus are a black colour with very few yellow spots
    1 18" Nano reef.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Might be fire salamanders. Spotted salamanders are native around me, but they do not seem to be as popular in the hobby as fire salamanders.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist