· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking really good there. I wish i could get some assassins over here. Could do with a couple!
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just read through this today. Your tank looks absolutely wonderful. I love the idea of the java fern mountain. It's nice to see someone else enjoying platies.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    It has been brought to my attention that I haven't updated my journals much recently! Well, that won't do at all.

To be honest not that much has changed in this tank recently, but then it has been three months since I've taken any pictures. So, I sat down last night to photodocument all the critters in my tank. Some are more shy than others, so some pictures are better than others, but they're all making an appearance. In no particular order:

1. Bronze Corydoras (and albino friend)

The fry I was raising in the previous posts started dying off. I had the same problem with my last batch, too - not sure what I'm doing wrong. I was able to move three survivors to the main tank, though, and now the cory school is pretty good sized.

2. Assassin Snails

I've got assassins like you wouldn't believe. They're all over the place, especially once I put food down. I keep meaning to ask the LFS if they want any.

3. Bamboo Shrimp (on left) plus Bamboo Shrimp's reflection (on right)

The bamboo shrimp still likes to hang out in java fern mountain near the filter inlet. I've cleared out the ferns a little bit and now I can see it more often, but it's still almost always hiding way back in there. It does come out sometimes during a water change... I guess when the filter flow stops it goes looking for a better spot.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    4. Black Skirt Tetras

The big queen of the tetra school has had it rough. A few months back a gaping wound suddenly opened up on her side, and then after that healed up she got black spot disease, which as I understand it is a function of recovery from the previous injury. She's tough though... pulled through all that and keeps going. Rest of the school is doing fine too.

5. Platies

I have one male (the blue one shown) and five females at this point. The females all continue to look huge all the time, but I have not seen any live fry since I cut back the java moss. The moss had grown into a huge, ugly, algae-infested mess, but I guess it was giving the fry a fighting chance of survival. Now, not so much. I could use a few more.

6. Pearl Gouramis

The gourami sisters are all playing well with each other... most of the time. Still have one that's very round. Not sure if she's got eggs in there or if she just steals all the food. FYI the bubbles all over the place are because I had just done a water change.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    7. Red Cherry Shrimp

I think the cherry shrimp colony's population is in decline. Has something finally figured out how tasty they are? Or is the population suffering from a genetic bottleneck since they're all decendents of the same 20 shrimp I got two and a half years ago? Not sure.

8. Zebra Danios

Most of the zebra danios I have in the tank now are part of the spawning that I raised. A lot of the fish in that batch are deformed - possibly due to bad genetics. Lots of crooked tails and bent spines, but it doesn't seem to have effected their mobility or overall health.

9. Otocinclus

The otos are very shy, especially since I had just messed with the java ferns where they live, so this is the best shot I can get. I think I've got four left out of the nine I started with... I should probably get some more.

10. Bristlenose Plecostomus

I have now had Cthulhu the bristlenose pleco for just over three years now, which makes him the oldest fish I own (I started the hobby about 3 years and 3 months ago). Still probably my favorite fish. I don't see him all that much when the tank lights are on, but I was able to bribe him to come out for a photoshoot by providing some zucchini.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely pictures mate. I can see what you mean about the Danios, the one in the bottom right of the Danio picture looks kinda wonky! But the rest of the fish in the pictures look amazing.

This may be a long stretch but is it possible to have some of your assasin snails? I live in Dubai.
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazedMichael View Post
    This may be a long stretch but is it possible to have some of your assasin snails? I live in Dubai.
    I've never shipped livestock before, let alone to outside the US. I was entertaining the idea of buying a betta direct from thailand at one point a couple years ago, and the import process was exhaustive and expensive. I have to imagine going from the US to the UAE would be just as difficult. I'd love to help you out, but it just doesn't seem feasible.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No worries mate, like i said, long shot!

Tank looks really good. Wish my plants would grow like that
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No worries mate, like i said, long shot!

Tank looks really good. Wish my plants would grow like that
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!