· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the fun thread. I was wondering...when you cycled the tank in the basement, then moved it and filled it upstairs...did you move all that water? Been wondering if I ever got a larger tank, how I would move my existing water, substrate, and plants into the new one...though I see you got new substrate.

Thanks!
    55 gallon planted - Fish & Shrimp - Pair of Gold Rams, albino bristlenose plecos, school of neon tetras, school of praecox dwarf neon rainbowfish, australe orange killifish, yellow kimono killifish, amano shrimp, bamboo shrimp, and a cherry shrimp colony. Plants - Dwarf baby tears, vals, guppy grass, moss, narrow-leafed java fern, amazon swords, anubias, and crypts

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    nope, drained all the water except for a few gallons that were stuck in the filter box.

The bacteria isn't present in the water, it's on the surfaces and in the filter media. If you do it right, you can completely replace the water in a tank without harming the bacteria or anything else.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking tank! How is that in-tank filter working for you? How often and how are you servicing it?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    100 gallon planted S.A. tank, Discus, Angels, Corys, Rummys and BNP.
    50g Super-community tank: Cardinals, Black Skirt Tetras, Diamond Tetras, Clown Loaches, BNP.
    29g Breeding Angel pair.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't serviced it yet. It's only been up and running for a month now and my bioload is relatively small (but growing) for the size of the tank.

My planned maintenance is simply to rinse the foam and/or replace the foam as needed. If the mechanical filtration does its job, the bioballs should never need to be cleaned or replaced, and I'm not running any chemical filtration to mess with.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    May i say Awesome tank and this thread has went platinum ? I said it anyways Lol Keep up the good work.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent Work Brhino
    Cheers

Tank 1 : 18.7 G Planted 100% Flourite : Amano Shrimps, Red Cherry Shrimps, Endlers. Guppies.
    Tank 2: 8.4 G : Planted Tank Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower. 8 Danios, Amanos (Plant Propagation Tank)
    Tank 3 : 8.4 G : Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower.6 Slender Rasboras
    Weekly Liquid Dosing of Nitrate, Potassium, Phosphate, Magnesium, CSM+B and Iron Nutrients for Plants.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

My yellow female glofish has been looking huge in the belly lately. Either she's about to lay a bunch of eggs, or her stomach's going to burst. Obviously, I'm rooting for eggs.

Here you can see the continued recovery of the java ferns. The old leaves are damaged around the edges, but you can see behind them two healthy new leaves are growing, and there are numerous tiny leaves sprouting around the rhizome.

After the corys and the pleco got done "sharing" the sinking pellet, the shrimp got a chance to move in.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tank is starting to look really good Brhino, plants are really starting to fill it out
    60gal Community Planted
    12gal Quarantine

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One of my glofish has got the bulging belly too. I'm hoping it's eggs but how long would she carry them? Mine's been fat for at least a week, if not longer.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know. Female glofish / danios are always going to be fatter than the males, but this one seems to have taken it even further than that. I've only seen one set of eggs laid, which I suspect was from the silver female but I'm not positive. In either case neither of the two definite females I had at the time seemed "deflated" at all afterward. We may just have fat danios.

Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast