· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they are our finally building our first ikea in the denver area! i cant wait! haha

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking tank, can't wait to see it stocked. Just a little input on your overflow filter system. It looks to me like a Tru-Vu Aquasystem or something very similar. They and my LFS have filter media pre-made and available. just sayin'. They might have some other info for you too, who knows?
    100 gallon planted S.A. tank, Discus, Angels, Corys, Rummys and BNP.
    50g Super-community tank: Cardinals, Black Skirt Tetras, Diamond Tetras, Clown Loaches, BNP.
    29g Breeding Angel pair.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No you DIDN'T. Hah. Awesome. (in regards to Brhino's catalog there at the end of p 12)

BTW every time I hear IKEA I think of the song by Jonathan Coulton:

Sorry don't know how to embed the video.
    Last edited by boogernose; 02-01-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by traxiii
    Just a little input on your overflow filter system. It looks to me like a Tru-Vu Aquasystem or something very similar. They and my LFS have filter media pre-made and available.
    I think it may be a very old tru-vu, or whatever the predecessor was. At this point I'm pretty happy with the DIY system I've got rigged up. Hopefully it works like I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by boogernose
    BTW every time I hear IKEA I think of the song by Jonathan Coulton:

Sorry don't know how to embed the video.
    use the code [yt], and remove everything from the html except the part I've highlighted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkalRgGMhs

300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brhino
    Since a few people mentioned the contents of the IKEA shelf and surroundings, I thought just for fun I'd post a full list:
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ike82/ikea.jpg
    1. A pitcher and drinking glass set painted with a sun/moon design. My wife picked this up in Mexico on our honeymoon.
    2. A random collection of "natural" stuff of mine: a large geode I got in Alaska when my family vacationed there when I was in high school, a replica wolverine skull my wife got me, and a bottle of "pure glacier water" that I filled with actual runoff from a glacier in Alaska (It's very gray and silty). Also on this shelf but too small to see is a gold nugget I panned for in alaska... that's about the size of a pin head. Not a big pin head.
    3. An abacus my dad got me from China, and an R2-D2 mug. No, I don't know why they're together.
    4. Some minerals my wife has collected.
    5. Two beer steins. Not sure where these came from.
    6. Sports stuff! A football celebrating Michigan's 2007 Big Ten championship (and later National Championship), a Michigan Rubix Cube that I have solved one side of, a hockey puck celebrating the Red Wings' 2008 Stanley Cup, and a few other such things.
    7. Jars of marbles. Mostly empty because the marbles are in the goldfish tank now, but there's still some up there.
    8. An engagement picture of my wife and I, some candles, and a kitty cat piggy bank.
    9. More marbles
    10. Picture of my daughter, plus some toys she's allowed to play with sometimes but not all the time because they're annoying, such as an Elmo that sings happy birthday, and a plush Frankenstein Monster that sings the "Monster Mash" and my wife claims is always staring at her, which is why it's facing the back corner.
    11. My coin collection, plus some coasters. The coasters are up there to prevent my daughter from destroying them.
    12. A wedding picture of my wife and I
    13. A decorative glass goldfish and an egg that I think might also be a music box.
    14. A crystal sculpture of two horses I got my wife while we were dating, plus some things that need to be kept out of toddler reach unless supervised: markers, wii remotes, netflix DVDs.
    15. Two more horse related sculptures. My wife likes horses.
    16. Picture my wife and I at her prom, plus "Bride" and "Groom" baseball caps. Wait... those should be with the wedding picture, why are they with the prom picture?
    17. Picture of my wife
    18. Vase of plastic plants, turtle sculpture, dragon sculpture
    19. Stone chess set I got in Mexico, plus random things that I don't know why they're up there, including the tripod for a Nerf N-Strike Vulcan machine gun.
    20. Some of my wife's books, nonfiction.
    21. Some of my wife's books, fiction.
    22. Some of my wife's Texas-related stuff (she's from there). Texas license plate from an old car, high school yearbook, etc.
    23. Some more of my wife's books, fiction.
    24. Some of my books. Stuff about airplanes, Star Trek, Watchmen graphic novel, Lord of the Rings.
    25. Some of my Warhammer 40,000 Ultramarine figures. I haven't actually been able to play Warhammer since college... none of my current local friends play.
    26. My collection of Matryoshka (aka russian nesting) dolls.
    27. My wife's Dungeons and Dragons stuff: the reference books, a dragon sculpture, some figures, and an assortment of different-sided dice.
    28. Darth Vader. It's actually what's called a "photomosaic"... the image is composed of hundreds of tiny pictures in a grid, and each tiny picture is a frame from the original Star Wars trilogy.
    29. a rain stick. Not sure were it came from, or even why it's stashed next to the fish tank... but it is.
    30. The TV. Moderate sized and covered in toddler handprints.
    31. The cable box. Used to have it on a shelf above but I think it was overheating in the confined space.
    32. A Playstation 2. We have several video game systems but not the latest ones. The PS2 mostly functions as our DVD player.
    33. Nintendo Wii, plus a selector box for the various systems
    34. An X-Box (not 360). Got this for free from my cousin who won it in a raffle but already had one.
    35. Closed cabinet, filled to the brim with my daughter's books. Rarely stays closed for some reason.
    36. Closed drawer, contains DVDs, video games, controllers, etc.
    37. Closed cabinet, filled with my daughter's toys. Also rarely stays closed.

you forgot the thing to the left of the number 35 thats white and has 4 legs and what appears to be steps, i cant for the life of me figure out what that is

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    I ordered the substrate today, it's scheduled for delivery Friday... I did not expect it so fast! I also picked up a couple odds and ends I needed: an acrylic sheet to make a cover for the holes at the top of the tank, and a spare 10g tank just to help keep things alive while I'm doing the big switcheroo.

This means the list of things I need to do before I'm ready to set the tank up are now as follows:
    1. Finish cycling the tank
    2. Get slate, do stuff with it

Pretty short list! Obviously the tank will finish cycling whenever its ready (still in the "sky high nitrites" stage), so that just leaves the slate. Guess it's time to call up the rock shoppe. "Hey, this record setting blizzard we're experiencing doesn't affect your ability to sell me merchandise that is stored outside, does it?"
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    It's actually gravel in a media bag, but you're correct. It's still not sinking. Looks like I'm going to have to screw some slate to it... but then, I haven't found anybody selling slate in January yet. Maybe they sell slate in February.
    You might be able to find a slate flooring tile at Home deport, or a store like that ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know that my LFS sells slate, they charge and arm and a leg for it but it is available there all the time.

The tank is looking great I can't wait to see it once you have it stocked!
    20G Hex - 2 Angels and a pleco
    10G - Pair of Firmouths
    30G - Building stand, future home of Firemouths
    5.5G Planted - 3 White Clouds

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    You might be able to find a slate flooring tile at Home deport, or a store like that ?
    I don't want a nice clean tile, I want something a bit more natural looking. They usually call it "flagstone". Home Depot / Lowes will carry that kind of stuff, but only seasonally, when they're selling other outdoor type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo2564
    I know that my LFS sells slate, they charge and arm and a leg for it but it is available there all the time.
    Indeed, my LFS has a big bin of rocks that would work, but they charge $2.00 per pound. I'm expecting to pay less than $0.50 per pound, and I think I want 50-100 pounds, so I need to avoid overpriced stuff.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't want a nice clean tile, I want something a bit more natural looking. They usually call it "flagstone". Home Depot / Lowes will carry that kind of stuff, but only seasonally, when they're selling other outdoor type stuff.

Indeed, my LFS has a big bin of rocks that would work, but they charge $2.00 per pound. I'm expecting to pay less than $0.50 per pound, and I think I want 50-100 pounds, so I need to avoid overpriced stuff.
    I don't know if you live in a big city or by one but you should call different home depot cause if your looking for what I think it is (like a garden stebing stone slate they have glued to a sheet of chicken wire) they still have it at my hd so maybe call around and you'll get lucky

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast