· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

Cool Gar 120 gallon tank

1 Not allowed!
    I figured since people enjoyed my little clip of my main tank I would start a journal for it. Now I don't have many plans for this tank in the near future. However I figure I would give you all a feeding clip. Also put out there what I am using for filters. Maybe someone could have a pointer for me here or there always open to suggestions. I also know the tank is a little over stocked and I do plan on trying to get a tank at least twice this size within the next year or so.
    Fish
    Florida Gar
    Jack Dempsey
    Jaguar Cichlid
    Blue Nile Tilapia
    A Lot of small snails
    Plants
    Two Marimo moss balls
    might be adding more my floating basket is working good.
    Filters
    2X HW-304B SunSun canisters both with 9W UV lamp
    1 HOB Marineland Bio-wheel Emperor 40 power filter
    Air pump
    The Aqua Culture 20-60 Gallon Aquarium

Here is a feeding Clip kinda long I try to keep everyone full to cut down on aggression. Plus now I gotta do a water change tomorrow.

Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Vid title reads 12 dozen feeder goldfish (?)

Man, that's alot!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    lol thanks Ill fix that quick
    when it was only the gar in the tank I would put about 5 dozen in at once that was a lot. I could just imagine more than twice that!
    Last edited by Gar; 01-02-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    60 feeders for just the gar?...wow..how big were they?...how long before he'd eat them all?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They were just small shinners. It would take him around a month and a half to clean them all out.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    put some plants in hope the fish don't kill them going to have to keep a close eye on this one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    Plants and cichlids don't work well if the plants are in the substrate. The cichlids will eventually dig to the bottom of the tank. You will either need to pot the plants, protect the plant roots with large rocks that cannot be moved, or use plants that can be attached to driftwood.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Lightbulb Extra plants

0 Not allowed!
    I do know exactly what you are talking about I just got to many plants. I am also using a floating refuge I made for the java moss. I made a plant protected a few weeks ago so we will see how it works. I put one of the plants on the DW in the tank. Maybe anyone could let me know if this plant will take to it or not. Otherwise I could switch it with one of the other plants I got.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gar; 01-08-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    Swords need substrate. You will need plants that do not need substrate like moss and anubias. These can actually be super glude to the driftwood.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks I am going to switch that out right now. An other pointers? Do you think my little plant protecter will work?