· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here ya go! - Agassizii   No Message - robflanker   No Message - Tetris   dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat   just cause - Twe3k   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele   

Default does anyone else...

0 Not allowed!
    Have a fish with a death wish?
    Today when I was doing a water change a zebra danio swam up the syphon.
    Twice.
    And it wasnt a "La-de-da-ohgodsucktion!" Type swim, it was a "OOH! A SHINEY FLOATY THING! WHAT IF I TRY TO GET IT ohgodsucktion" The GBR's do the same thing, although they're too small to get to the syphon.
    So, does anyone have a fish that wants to die?
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    My rosy barbs did the same thing until they got too big to fit...they still try though. They have convinced me that rosy barbs are by far the dumbest fish ever. Danios are cyprinids as well, maybe they are just as stupid as rosys.

I'm surprised your GBR would do that, I've found cichlids to be smart enough to avoid the siphon.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Holiday Ham comes ones a year... to bring you a pig size share of holiday cheer! - Trillianne   

0 Not allowed!
    I know what you mean. I currently have a lot of gold tetra fry in one of my tanks and it is a challenge to keep them away from the syphon every time I do a waterchange.

I found the best way is to have my hand in the tank with the syphon and wave them away when they try to swim too close.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a bottom feeder for the new tank! - Rue   Hang in there! - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    my mbuna but they are troopers and aint scared of nothing lol.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Beautiful tank! - gabbyguppy   I love that show - Pele   Thanks for the nomination, and recognizing fine art when you see it  :-) - Cliff   I give these to friends only. - smaug   For my comments on your betta, but no way was I buying you one, even on AC ;-P - ScottishFish   

0 Not allowed!
    My cichlids avoid it, but I had by zebra loach swim into it once. He avoids it now lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   another pleco for your AC Tank - Northernguy   Good job with your filter - Cliff   No! You're banned for sending me a gift.. : ) - Little Embers   Any more pleco's and your going to need a bigger tank. - gadget228   
    Childhood Cancer - Pleco380   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Pleco380   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Pleco380   

0 Not allowed!
    I've had that happen with a loach and both the paradise fish. I used to have a frog who did that every WC. I actually got very annoying.
    26 gallon- 1 Clown Pleco, 3 Rummy-nose Tetras
    Read about my fish in my blog:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...wjournal&j=467

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I have one firemouth that just seems to hate it. I have to be very careful and watch this guy every water change.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Anyone that had a trio of angels deserves a gift. - Brookfish   Thanks for all the help in PM - Taurus   Great pic! - Brookfish   You need a bigger school of angels! lol - Northernguy   Heres a neon for your tank! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I had an angelfish that used to do that! He was pretty big and liked to swim into the pipe then would get stuck at the end blocking the syphon. It happened 2 or 3 times and luckily I never lost the fish. He was a big dummy though. He's also the only angelfish I had that would regularly jump out of the tank, and preferred to swim like a shark with his dorsal fin ABOVE the waterline.
    75G Planted Blue Themed Community Tank:
    Neon Tetras, Blue Platties, Blue Guppies, Blue Snails, & a pleco
    with 4 hang off breeder tanks for Blue/Red Platty Project

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    When I had neons, I saw one of them go down the python, I managed to catch him at the other end of the hose 25ft or so. Luckily I drain the tanks out the door into the bushes below and not into the drain, he would have been a goner.

The betta seems to attack or play with the gravel vac, I'm not sure which. A few of the cichlids seem to attack it if I'm cleaning near their territory.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   DT runner up-you deserve a cookie! - Boundava   Thanks for the Birthday wishes. - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    All my tiger barbs, it's like they have a contest going on to see who can get sucked up the highest in the tube and swim back out.
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.