· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Small boxes I recently sent were $5.20 instead of the $4.95 listed here so I believe rates have changed "again". These rates are within the US.

Envelopes
    Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope $4.95
    12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
    Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope $4.95
    12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
    Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope $4.95
    15" x 9-1/2"
    Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope $4.95
    10" x 7"
    Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope $4.95
    10" x 6"Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope $4.95
    10" x 5"

Boxes
    Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box $5.20
    8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
    Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB1) $10.95
    11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
    Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB2) $10.95
    13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) $14.95
    12" x 12" x 5-1/2"
    Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (APO/FPO/DPO Destinations) $12.95
    12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Were those the online postage prices?

I know at the post office you pay a little more then what you would pay on the net is why I am asking, I just sent a small flat rate box for 4.95 yesterday but bought the postage online.

0 Not allowed!
    I just sent out 8 orders of shrimp in the little boxes and they charged me $5.20 each. I just figured the post office raised their price again since you posted. They seem to raise their rates every year, it seems. That was the price at the PO.

I copied that post from the internet.

I see the medium and large flat rates are also higher, too. 45 Cents more for the large box and 25 cents for the medium.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 06-05-2011 at 08:41 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Pay no attention to these prices anymore folks.
    Post office wants us to feel sorry for them because they are going broke but today I received a medium flat rate box that was $11.65 to ship and a large flat rate box that cost the sender $15.65.

Really? Two little boxes of plants and the total shipping was $27.30!!!!!

For Christmas, there goes the idea of sending gifts and instead it will be gift cards! Ridiculous. Last week I sent a 4 ft box Fed Ex for only $15.00.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Really? Two little boxes of plants and the total shipping was $27.30!!!!!

For Christmas, there goes the idea of sending gifts and instead it will be gift cards! Ridiculous. Last week I sent a 4 ft box Fed Ex for only $15.00.
    Friends don't let friends buy gift cards! They come riddled with hidden fees and many go unused.

There is a price increase scheduled in january as well. It can sometimes be cheaper to find/make your own box and then plug it into the various cost calculators on all the shipping services websites.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    The gift card rules vary by state.... you can find most of the particulars per state at this link:

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=12474

For example, in Washington State, we have very consumer friendly gift card rules. For example, no expiration date and pretty strict limitations on fees.

0 Not allowed!
    I guess that shipping floors me. I get a big box from PetSolutions full of food, dechlorinator and whatever, and I pay $12.95 for shipping. I'm beginning to think it's far cheaper to ship just grabbing your own box and let the USPS have their darned priorty boxes.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Priority is not the way to go unless you are sending something heavy.

For example.... when you are mailing Michigan beach stones to Washington. .

Generally speaking normal post will get where it needs to go in the same amount of time... and on the same trucks. Its just not guaranteed. Even so... if you live in one of those magical places where you mail always takes an extra day the priority doesn't override that extra PO delay. Because of where I live, I know that its literally impossible to next day mail me anything.

0 Not allowed!
    I just checked, their prices haven't gone up again since Jan 1, 2011. The flat rate boxes are so much easier to use since you don't have to buy boxes and you know exactly what to charge for shipping. As an occasional shipper, I am not going to invest in a scale so I can estimate shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

0 Not allowed!
    It's all in the boxes. I get my plants in the bottom or top box and only pay $8.50. The boxes in the middle are the ones that are far more to ship. Obviously you can't ship fish in the flat boxes.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Fb8fiPyV8vma9x