· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    In the great white Canadian north, we can pay as much as $90.00 for a fish like that. Being located 350 miles north of the Montana Canada border tends to drive up costs on most things due to shipping cost.

The shipping is what really drives up some of the costs. The further you are away from the reef these fish are harvested from, or the further away you are from the breeders, the higher the cost goes.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    MAN just has some time to go through this whole thread, and WOW, this is greatly inspiring beautiful work bud!

0 Not allowed!
    we really pay through the nose for marine stuff over here to be honest.

Tanks looking great as ever cliff :)
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Chris
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I just realized its been a while since I've up-dated this journal. After reading about the SPS munching crabs that I had in the tank, I also sold off the frags that I had left. I’m going to leave the tank without any SPS for about 6 months to hopefully starve off these hairy-legged little devils.

The remaining soft corals are doing pretty well, even tho they are still acclimating to the new LED lighting. The glove polyps do look a lot better now. The green and oranges are brighter now under the LEDs

The red carpet anemone looks even more pink after I added the LEDs than he did before. I’m not too sure if it is the effect of the lighting, some stress from the change in the lighting or a combination of both. Either way, at least he is opening up now as wide as he always has.

The small frag of pink star polyps that I had are now really growing well. Unfortunately, they are growing around the rocks and starting to cover the back of the rocks. If it wasn’t for removing the old lighting I don’t think I would have noticed the 8” by 10” patch of them going back there. I hate it when that happens

0 Not allowed!
    And a full tank pic. I am really starting to get frustrated with all the coralline algae growing on the front of the tank. I remember getting really excited to see the first spots of coralline growing in this tank. Now I’m having to clean the glass with a razor at least once a week or the coralline gets in the way of watching the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    What LED fixtures did you go with? LED lighting is very directional and really shouldn't be growing much algae on your glass at all unless you have no optics or optics that spread the light out too much.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    I got another two units of AI SOLs. I used the store credit I had built up over the past few months at the SW LFS were I live so the purchase was not much more than replacing the 5T bulbs. I could not go wrong with that deal.

Good point on the coraline growth Goldbarb. As I just put LEDs on the tank this past Sunday, the coraline growth would have been from the T5s I had on there. I did not even think about that. Hopefully it will slow down now, at least on the front glass

0 Not allowed!
    Depending on how high you have your lights and where they are positioned, the 70 degree optics of the Sol could provide enough light on the glass to grow some coralline.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    again, looking really nice bud.

I love the fact your stressing about the GSP.... first world problems lol

So is it a total for the AI Sols then? I know theres a bit of a buzz about them at my Marine LFS now too.
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast