· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default New electric blue geckos :) (Lygodactylus williamsi)

0 Not allowed!
    Just picked up two of these guys today. One is a definite male I got from a reptile shop about 45 mins from my house, the other is a probable female juvenile I bought online. Hoping to breed them once I learn for sure the one is a female and she becomes of age; they're housed separately for now until she gets bigger. Anyway, here they are...

Hey! I got a box in the mail, wonder what it could be :x

Seems to be packed pretty well...

Oooh something in a deli cup

Hello!
    20 and 10 gallon community tanks, 5.5 gallon dwarf gourami tank
    Red tail boa, Corn snake, Albino Nelson's milksnake
    Fire belly toads (2), Red eye tree frogs (2), Antilles pinktoe tarantula
    Mourning gecko, Electric blue gecko, Crested gecko, Mali uromastyx

2. Default

0 Not allowed!

Here she is in her temporary enclosure. She's lost some of her coloring since I got her, I think she's a little stressed out right now. I just dumped a bunch of pinheads in there along with some crested gecko diet in hopes that she'll eat.

Side shot

And, here's the male, named Rocko. This is where they get their name from, the crazy blue coloring (females will normally be green). He does have part of his tail missing, unfortunately. He was surrendered to the pet store I got him from.

Latest shot of the tank which will be 2 weeks old tomorrow, you can see Rocko up top there behind the screen.

Thanks for looking!

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    Thay are beautiful. Nice setup for them as well. I wish you good luck with the breeding.

0 Not allowed!
    Cool! Good luck with them. That male is really pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks . The males definitely do get the best responses, and I'll even admit I'm partial to the blue ones, just don't tell the girl I said that . The females do look pretty as well, though. Here's a picture of one I found on google. Mine should look like this as she gets older and isn't so stressed out from being shipped.

0 Not allowed!
    Stunning geckos! Some people might think the female isn't too pretty, but she's alot better than my mourning geckos :P

Did you get the female from an online store or a private breeder?

0 Not allowed!
    I kept a Leopard Gecko for a few years and then lost her. Geckos can be such wonderful reptiles to keep. Those are stunning geckos there. Good luck and update us on how they're getting on.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great set up and gorgeous geckos!
    ~Col~

4 ft 60g FW: 2 angels, 4 blind cave, 1 whiteskirt, 4 gold widows, 6 serpaes, 1 neonhead apisto, 4 clown loaches, 4 albino cory, 2 bronze corys & 3 BN plecos.
    23g FW: 1 neonhead apisto, 1 yoyo, 2 albino BN plecos & 4 pepper cory
    5.5g: Crowntail Betta, 6 black Khuli's & RCS
    5 g: Crowntail Betta, 1 albino cory (Quasi), 4 baby khuli's & RCS
    7 g: Dragontail Betta & 2 albino cory
    3ft Axi tank: 1 black, 1 gold - 1 redcap oranda & 2 albino cory

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome pickups and very nice enclosure for them!
    Thar she blows!!!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again for the comments everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko
    Stunning geckos! Some people might think the female isn't too pretty, but she's alot better than my mourning geckos :P

Did you get the female from an online store or a private breeder?
    I got her from an online breeder I found through kingsnake.com. Pretty good site for anyone looking for some herps. You can usually find some more rare specimens on there.

Most of these geckos you'll find in the pet trade are actually wild caught, which is especially why I wanted to buy her since she is captive bred. They are still fairly new, and their lifespan in captivity is pretty much a mystery at this point, although I see a lot of estimates from anywhere between 3 on up to 10 years.

I hope to help ease the demand for wild caught williamsi by breeding them myself. Not to mention, the extra money to help pay for supplies and getting to experience hatching out your own geckos is always a fun experience. Thankfully, they're not like bearded dragons or iguanas where the market is already saturated and full of animals needing to be adopted; I shouldn't have a problem selling any captive bred babies. I can start taking down names for anyone who would be interested .