· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - cocoa_pleco   sweet avatar, gotta love squidbillies! - cocoa_pleco   Just because.... fonzies cool LOL - lovleeko   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Thank you, and heres for you lost clown, - labnjab   

Default It's been a minute :) can anyone help me ID these polyps

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys its been a while...life has been in session and nursing school is quite time consuming. I got some new polyps of some kind in the center of this pick; however, I have no clue what they are so I am uncertain what kind of care to give them.
    And it's the ocean flowing in our veins
    Oh..That it's the salt that's in our tears
    Oh..Cause we could have come so very far
    Oh..In at least as many years
    Take the highway through the Great Divide - T.A. and T.M.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like a pulsing xenia to me
    20gal long planted community
    5 gal planted betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - cocoa_pleco   sweet avatar, gotta love squidbillies! - cocoa_pleco   Just because.... fonzies cool LOL - lovleeko   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Thank you, and heres for you lost clown, - labnjab   

0 Not allowed!
    nah, they aren't xenia I have a few in the tank elsewhere...can't really tell by the pics but the inside of the polyps have like a thin orange line in them. He said they were on the rare-side of things...but who knows. Wish I had a better camera. He called them daisy polyps...but they aren't daisies. He has an awesome coral selection at the store...He is gonna sell me 2 heads of purple Australian Duncan coral for 20 bucks in a few days.
    Last edited by The Wedge; 09-01-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a fish! - Northernguy   For being understanding - William   Here's a nice frontosa for you! Thanks! - Crispy   Thank you! - Alfcea   congrats on baby 1st 6wks is hard, also sorry about fri 13th hope this cheers you up - bluebluecow   

0 Not allowed!
    It looks like there are eight arms to the tenticles so I am thinking a Waving Hand (xenia sp.) or Glove Polyp (Clavularia sp.)
    100g Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yeah I know the brown corals in the back corner are wavy hand supposedly and the polyps in question are definitely some type of clove...think you are right on this :) My aquapod is skimmed very well with the Tunze...hope the water is not to clean for them. Pulsing xenia do not do well in my tank for this reason. I have a bunch of micro-pulsing xenia :P

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nice post - Lady Hobbs   a gift your you! - squirt_12   beautiful blue discus - Algenco   felt like it - Lady Hobbs   for all the help! - squirt_12   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    They could be Clove Polyps, but I'd bet against that. I have polyps that look just like that, I've had them for almost 3 years, and that is Pulsing Xenia.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a fish! - Northernguy   For being understanding - William   Here's a nice frontosa for you! Thanks! - Crispy   Thank you! - Alfcea   congrats on baby 1st 6wks is hard, also sorry about fri 13th hope this cheers you up - bluebluecow   

0 Not allowed!
    I did not call them CLOVE, I called them GLOVE. The Glove coral is also known as Waving Hand, Pom-Pom and Anthelia. This is a type of Xenia.
    100g Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    In all fairness to ILMGB, Clavularia sp. is most often meant to describe Clove polyps, and less often Glove polyps.
    100g Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting...all the pulsing xenia I have in my tank have a different base and many polys on each stalk...these are just single stalks with a polyp on the end and retract all the way down when disturbed...and they do not pulse like the other pulsing xenia in the tank. And he had another color of the same coral species that had green polyps...I just picked this color due to an overabundance of green in my tank already. But if you say that's what they are...that's what they are...PS I meant Glove :)
    Last edited by The Wedge; 09-01-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for all your help guys...so I should probably get some micro plankton to feed since my water quality is really good/skimmed? How many times a week?