· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I finally figured out what my mystery fish is. It's not a Salvini, it is a Nile Tilapia. I really like the fish but it's african and can reach a size close to 2 feet in length. That would explain why it grew from 2-3 inches to 10-11 in under 6 months. I am sad because I think I need to rehome it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

couldn't find snow and ice gifts - Lady Hobbs   burrrrrrr - Lady Hobbs   please post pics of your 10 hejuta. not many people on the forum are keeping nice predators like those. - Crispy   So sorry about your critters! :( - Rue   you are severely low on penguins :P - genocidex   

0 Not allowed!
    Nile tilapia are the tilapia species used for quick growth in the fresh fish food industry.i had one and they are beuatiful,but pugnacious.Great at eating algae.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I've never seen it eat algae, but when I got my Nic her eyes got bright red and she swarmed all around him until she got him to fight. Nowadays though it seems like the Nic and Green Terror have her whipped.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

couldn't find snow and ice gifts - Lady Hobbs   burrrrrrr - Lady Hobbs   please post pics of your 10 hejuta. not many people on the forum are keeping nice predators like those. - Crispy   So sorry about your critters! :( - Rue   you are severely low on penguins :P - genocidex   

0 Not allowed!
    the one I had was beating on a flowerhorn,and a red terror.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, I've heard red terrors are some of the meanest fish around.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm thinking I will keep the fish for as long as I can. If they get mean enough to beat up a flower horn and a red terror, that would not be good.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Just a quick update on the fish since no one is posting in Ca lately. I moved the Tilapia into the 72 gallon tank in my bedroom. He's a very friendly fish and seems happy in there. He shares the tank with my little firemouth and 2 bala sharks. He doesn't bother the firemouth at all, they used to fight when the tiapia was the same size. I'm hoping to move my rainbow cichlid back in there when he grows up more. He was getting beat up by firemouth so I had to put him in my 20 long I have in the basement.

In the 120 I have 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 green terror, 1 nicuragua, 1 trinidad pleco and 6 silver dollars. Everything went really well in that tank for a while after I got rid of the tilapia, although that was Jacks buddy and he seemed sad. Jack seems to get along with green terror now.

All the sudden I noticed green terror has really blown up in size. The orange color along the tips of his fins is now bright orange, almost neon and his scales seem to have an orange hue. His aggression is way up now too. He's still is submissive to Jack but has been chasing Nicuragua around. So sick of the fighting. I've never seen green terror lock lips before but poor Nicuragua has had scratches on his mouth all week. Jack has some scratches on his mouth. Those 2 have been known to get into it.

Rearranged all the rocks/ caves in the tank. That seems to entertain them, they like looking in new spots.

That's it for now, hopefully things will settle down again. It's funny how the dynamics of the tank shift from time to time. One fish gets beat up then grows and becomes dominant and so on.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456