· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My male and female RES.

0 Not allowed!
    Heres my 2 little turtles. I've had them since february 28th, 07. No clue on how old they are. Only thing i knnow about them is their sex and that they eat loads. Plus all the caring information..Here they are :)

The man of the tank
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4za4gae

His chick
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4mwum2w

Male eating.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4t8y0z6
    Last edited by the P; 06-16-2007 at 11:40 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Cool!

On the way back from fishing the otherday, me and my neighbor rescued two RES of the highway. One is a small male, and the other one is a REALLY pregnant female. I think hes going to keep them in a spare 55 reptile tank.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

0 Not allowed!
    hey cool! i've got a real tiny guy. it's about the size of a half dollar and we call it "sprinter" because it was found zipping across the parking lot at my wife's work.
    55 gal lightly planted mbuna

"some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

0 Not allowed!
    man everyone finds these guys! A bunch of my freinds and their relatives. Too bad i didnt find one...i paid 30 bucks a turtle! but it sure is worth it.

0 Not allowed!
    wow you paid $30. dang man, i'm sorry you couldn't just find one zipping across the parking lot like we did. ours is still real skittish, hopefully it'll warm up to us and let us hand feed it like yours.

"some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah i bought the female when she was less than an inch in diameter and the male was about 1 or 1 and a half. I ALWAYS hand fed them, mostly for the fun of it. Problem is, their growing a tooth in the middle of their mouth, and they snap pretty hard. Once a while i get bitten and it can hurt, so when they look too hungry i just put in some pellets. The first month i had them, i had no clue about how much i was suppose to feed. That and the fact that they grow big and fast is the only bad hing about these guys. Oh and they killed and ate any tankmates ive ever tryed. Including a comet, oscar, and feeder guppies. If i hold the male and have him faces the female, he will try to eat her head. This morning i did it and it scared me to death. I would of sworn he was guna eat her head off if i put him back into the tank. If i could go back and not go buy the second one i probably would tho. Having one is just plain better.

0 Not allowed!
    By the way, where does your wife work? Is it near an ocean or something like that?

0 Not allowed!
    no she works on a busy industrial boulevard with a lot of big trucks. there is a creek/drainage area near her work but i have no clue where this little guy came from an how he didn't get squished. i must say that mine seems to be totally opposite of yours and i don't think he's grown too much since we found him a couple of months ago. interesting.

0 Not allowed!
    What does Res stand for and why are we talking about turtles on an aquarium forum?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by troy
    What does Res stand for and why are we talking about turtles on an aquarium forum?

Red Eared Slider.

RES go in aquariums too. And since this is an aquarium forum, there is nothing wrong with it.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.