· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   

Default New 29g planted need some suggestions

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys I just finished moving and got a 29g off CL. I currently have a 10g with 5 diamond tetras a BN pleco and 1 oto. This 29g is going to be a planted tank so I was wondering what kind and how much of lighting would be best for plants. I was looking at a dual bulb t5 set up which was about 42 watts total.

Also do you guys have any fish suggestions? I think I'll move my all my fish in the 10g over and get another BN pleco to try and get some mating going on. I'll probably also grab a few more ottos. Aside from that I don't have any other ideas really. I want maybe a couple medium sized fish but nothing aggressive and probably some cories. Maybe another group of shoolers as well.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions are welcome, I'm always looking for interesting ideas.

Thanks,
    Z
    10g- 5 diamond tetra, 1 oto, 1 albino BN pleco, 1 assassin snail and 2 blue shrimp. Heavily planted tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a good plan. A light that will give you nice lightinng for many kinds of plants. A gourami would work as a bigger centerpiece fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the support. :) Yeah I was thinking maybe a gourami or 2 might work out well.
    10g- 5 diamond tetra, 1 oto, 1 albino BN pleco, 1 assassin snail and 2 blue shrimp. Heavily planted tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Gouramis are amazing...:)

Got a honey gourami for my 20 gal yesterday!

The most interesting of fish...:)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    2 dwarf gouramis will initiate DefCon-1. I've had two pairs of two over the years and one will eventually dominate and/or harrass other fish, even three times bigger than him. They are churlish fish and so not community dwellers.

And yet forumers here say angels are orcs but mine get along like car and petrol.

Try a ... an opaline gourami. They are colourful and midsize.

Bronze corys definitely. They'll clean the floor for you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Currently stocking a 29 planted myself. I will "probably" stick with a large school of glowlight tetra and add either some rasbora or another school of neons. Not sure which yet.

I'm trying to grow some hairgrass so will only have cherry shrimp and pass on trying to keep corys in this tank since they dig it up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hobbs -- a lot of fish like angels will spend a lot of time pecking the gravel for overlooked flakes. They could interfere with the grass. I toyed with growing some but rescinded when I noticed that behaviour.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    You're right and why I will not keep the pecking fish in this tank. Corys like to forge around in the substrate, as well, and take a toll on baby hairgrass that's "trying" to grow. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    You're right and why I will not keep the pecking fish in this tank. Corys like to forge around in the substrate, as well, and take a toll on baby hairgrass that's "trying" to grow. :)

Hmm I'll keep this in mind. I was hoping to grow some kinda of ground cover plant. Maybe I'll go with the dwarf subulata.

Also I'll be sure to stay away from the dwarf guorami's