· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New Member from Central IL

0 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone I just thought I'd post a quick intro.

My Name is Zach I'm 25 married and live in central IL. I'm into building hovercrafts, I'm building a V8 powered Convertible VW beetle, and I've had a few fishtanks when I was younger. I work as a facilities manager (more about that later) in a local aluminum foundry and a webmaster on the side for the same company.

Here are a couple quick pictures of one of our hovers and also the bug:

Like I said I had a few other tanks in the past, Growing up I had a 10 gallon aquarium in my bedroom for a long time, then I made it into a terrarium, then that went to make room for a drafting table so I could design hovercrafts and such. My parents also had a 55 gallon tank for years until my dad's ball python got big enough that he needed the 55 gallon tank more than the fish... LOL

Anyways probably 2 years ago I got a free 10 gallon aquarium, filter, heater, bubbler, etc off of craigslist, but never found a place to set it up. Well I've had my computer set up with 2 monitors for designing hovercrafts and such, but the 2nd monitor died and I didn't use it much so I didn't replace it, which left a nice open spot :)

So last week I was surprised by a promotion from industrial mechanic to facilities manager at work so I thought I'd by me a 5-8 gallon tank to put in that newly opened up spot. After looking at a few tanks I was hard pressed to spend the money for a nice one, I mean either spend $150 for a fish tank or get some shocks for the v8 bug project.......... LOL Then I remember that free 10 gallon tank I had so I grabbed it and it fits in the spot perfectly.

So today after church my wife and I are going to head to the pet store to get some gravel, tank stuff, test strips, etc and start cycling the tank today.

Althought I didn't know until I started looking that it had to be cycled

In the past we've always just dechlorinated the water, set up the stuff in the tank, went and got some fish and dumped them in. We must have always been lucky because we've never had a problem. This time since I know better I'll try to be patent and do a fishless cycle.

Well anyways sorry for my quick intro turning into a bit longer......... LOL But I hope to be enjoying this tank soon and look forward to ready the forum.

Have a good day everyone!
    Zach

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body....
    Rather it is to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming............
    WOW............WHAT A RIDE !!!!!!!!!!"

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to Aquatic Community!!

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Zach.....Nice to see you here. What a great ride!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC!
    75G Planted Discus Tank- 6 Discus, 5 Neon Tetra, 4 Clown Loach, 3 Akysis Catfish, and 1 BN Pleco
    20GH FW Crab Tank- 10 Geosesarma Sp. "Bicolor"
    20GH Toad Tank- 4 Firebellied Toads

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome Welcome
    16 tanks and counting

The more i look at your tank the more i want your tank in my tank!
    Chris

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    I gotta get me one of those! lol

Welcome to the fabulous AC!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi there, welcome! That beetle's going to be awesome.

0 Not allowed!
    Slug bug not slug back.
    Welcome fellow ILian.

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to AC!