· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it to early.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your first article and sticky! - fins_n_fur   For being a nice person. - Brookfish   For my fellow Missourian! - Corndawg   For the holidays : ) - lovleeko   Merry Xmas! - Corndawg   

Default Is it to early.

0 Not allowed!
    I posted a few weeks ago about a sev I saved from petco. He seems to be doing great always happy to see me and his fins are looking great. Hes right around 1.5inches. My other sev is about 6 inches do you think it is too soon to put them together. Heres a pic of the new guy that I took about a week ago.
    55gal: 1gold severum(jasper),1 Green Sev (Spot), 3 tiger barbs (left), bovarian ram.
    29gal: 3 goldfish growing out
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A gift for a fellow SA cichlid lover! - rothenb1   

0 Not allowed!
    it might be a bit soon as the big guy might see him as food. Though mellow as far as cichlids go i would assume that he still might try to eat the little one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your first article and sticky! - fins_n_fur   For being a nice person. - Brookfish   For my fellow Missourian! - Corndawg   For the holidays : ) - lovleeko   Merry Xmas! - Corndawg   

0 Not allowed!
    I dont think there is anyway he could eat him. I was more worried about chasing him around with territory issues.
    55gal: 1gold severum(jasper),1 Green Sev (Spot), 3 tiger barbs (left), bovarian ram.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    if he is too big to eat he should be ok. A smaller fish is easier to introduce due to the fact that the big boy likely wont see it as a threat. Keep a close eye and try to have a couple hiding spots too small for the big guy.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I put in a 3in pvc tee and there is 2 big pieces of driftwood to hide behind too so he should have some good hiding spots.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    if he has places to get away from the big one i dont see too much of a problem. Still want to keep an eye on it though. Good luck and keep us posted.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the help! You need a gift. - Pleco380   Have another fish for your AC Tank! - Northernguy   Thanks for reassuring me I'm not a hoarder ;) - Rue   for making me laugh when i read your other pets in your profile. lol - Jeddi   Thanks - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - promise   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - promise   Childhood Cancer - promise   

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with cooling, if there are plenty of places for the little guy to hide it shouldn't be a problem, i would keep an eye on it for a few days and definitely keep us posted, that poor guy looked tattered and torn, do you have a new pic of him?
    16 tanks and counting

The more i look at your tank the more i want your tank in my tank!
    Chris

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by promise82
    I agree with cooling, if there are plenty of places for the little guy to hide it shouldn't be a problem, i would keep an eye on it for a few days and definitely keep us posted, that poor guy looked tattered and torn, do you have a new pic of him?
    He looks about the same maybe a lil better but still looks a ton better than when I got him. Ill put him in tomorrow and keep an eye on it.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    if hes still in that rough of shape id consider holding off until his fins regenerate a bit.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I have 2 young green sev's in a 75, the larger is almost twice the size of the smaller one. I'd say the larger sev is about 3", and he chases the smaller one away whenever it strays too near. Never actively pursues or actually attacks it, but definitely maintains his space, even though he mainly ignores the Gymnogeophagus and botia's when they come close.
    Then the little 2" male HRP chases the much larger sev out of HIS space...

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^