· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank Size

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your first article and sticky! - fins_n_fur   For being a nice person. - Brookfish   For my fellow Missourian! - Corndawg   For the holidays : ) - lovleeko   Merry Xmas! - Corndawg   

Default Tank Size

0 Not allowed!
    Im wanting to upgrade tanks sometime soon and Im trying to decide how big I need to go. I what to put my 2 sevs, 2 rams and add in an oscar, 3 convicts and 2 pictus cats. How big would I need?
    Unless there is a compatiblity issue I dont want to change this stocking I just didnt know how big I should go. I also dont want to be on the verge of being overstocked.
    I wont be doing this until I move to a bigger place I am wanting to start watch CL or planning a plywood tank build depending on whichever I can do cheaper.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott
    55gal: 1gold severum(jasper),1 Green Sev (Spot), 3 tiger barbs (left), bovarian ram.
    29gal: 3 goldfish growing out
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    The rams will never work in that mix. The rest would work in a 150 maybe even 120.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    150g minimum imo. Others with more experience with large fish may disagree. Also, I'd be concerned about the oscar eating the rams or the catfish.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your first article and sticky! - fins_n_fur   For being a nice person. - Brookfish   For my fellow Missourian! - Corndawg   For the holidays : ) - lovleeko   Merry Xmas! - Corndawg   

0 Not allowed!
    I can loose the rams no prob and even the cats. So 150ish would be good?
    55gal: 1gold severum(jasper),1 Green Sev (Spot), 3 tiger barbs (left), bovarian ram.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Standard 6ft 125G would be what I would say, the 150G would be best but the foot print on most 150s is the same as the 125G...they are just taller. Definatly go for a 6ft tank...the Oscar and Sevs will appreciate it.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for all your advice - rangur1   No Message - rangur1   

0 Not allowed!
    the 6 foot 125 gal tank is definately the way to go at the minimum. your gonna want to lose the rams, they can't last in that setup.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks guys. Is there somthing else that would fit in my 29gal for now that would work better in this mix than the convicts. Im wanting to grow out the fish for that tank now except the oscar since I dont have a place for him.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a goldfish for your 10 gallon?  NOT! - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    If you want rams, they work fine in a 29gal*

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndorranPrince
    If you want rams, they work fine in a 29gal*
    I already have the rams If I go with the big tank I will probably sell my other tanks to fund big tank. So anything that wont go with the sevs and an oscar I will find a good home for they are the only thing Im set on having.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thought you needed a gift :) - arkie   for a fellow front lover - sailor   this is the biggest fish they have!! - The Red Severum   For making me smile with your Arow story. - Brookfish   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mollielover
    I already have the rams If I go with the big tank I will probably sell my other tanks to fund big tank. So anything that wont go with the sevs and an oscar I will find a good home for they are the only thing Im set on having.
    Just a word of advice...I wouldn't buy the growout fish until you have the appropriate tank for them. What if you cram all these fish in a 29 gallon tank that will quickly outgrow it, then you get in a tight spot and can't afford the larger tank? Also...If you are selling the 29 to pay for the 125...where does the 125 have a chance to properly cycle? Just some thoughts.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast