· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas (it's the worlds smallest dwarf puffer) - Abbeys_Mom   Strawberry Daquari please....from Hobbs - hobbs   You need more good luck - hobbs   Because you are my hero! - f1oored   For your Dad - crackatinny   
    Childhood Cancer - kimmers318   

Default sparkling gourami pics

0 Not allowed!
    I finally have the pics ready...they aren't great so when they get over their shyness I will try to get some better ones. Especially once they color up!
    Here is a link to aquahobby gallery page that has a beautiful shot of one, plus peoples comments
    www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_sparkling.php

all 6 I brought home in one shot

These show some of the iridescent coloring that I hope will brighten up for me in time.

And last but not least....one peeking out in my aquarium....I may have posted this one already but here it is again.

Sorry the one pic is so large....I reduced it to a 3x2 before posting it on photobucket....reduced it thru photobucket to a much smaller pic and it is still coming out huge. Someday I will get good at this!
    Last edited by kimmers318; 12-16-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice pics. Don't worry about one becoming to large.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

kickme and knock some sense into me, yeah right.lol - rollie   Ok, well here goes nothing *kicks sense into rollie*   :P - Drumachine09   for being a good freind with help and advice along with RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    NICE PICTURES. sparkling gourami ? what breed are they? never seen them before. would some one shed more infor on these, please. new breed, old breed or what.
    let the bells rings and the horns blow, for i am back.lol

http://www.freewebs.com/rolliefish

check it out if you want to.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    100 gallon
    75 gallon
    50 some set up, now.
    over 50 13 1/2 gallon tanks

in all have over 200 tanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    They are alos called Pygmy Gourami which I think might be a more commonly used name. (atleast in Europe)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

kickme and knock some sense into me, yeah right.lol - rollie   Ok, well here goes nothing *kicks sense into rollie*   :P - Drumachine09   for being a good freind with help and advice along with RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    i had heard of them, but never seen one. thank!
    let the bells rings and the horns blow, for i am back.lol

http://www.freewebs.com/rolliefish

check it out if you want to.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    100 gallon
    75 gallon
    50 some set up, now.
    over 50 13 1/2 gallon tanks

in all have over 200 tanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas (it's the worlds smallest dwarf puffer) - Abbeys_Mom   Strawberry Daquari please....from Hobbs - hobbs   You need more good luck - hobbs   Because you are my hero! - f1oored   For your Dad - crackatinny   
    Childhood Cancer - kimmers318   

0 Not allowed!
    Boy, you do know your fish don't ya William! I love a lot of the gourami's, mostly the male for their coloring of course, and the sparkling/pygmy's were recommended to me in another forum because it is hard to keep alot of the larger gourami's together 1)because of their size 2)aggressiveness with too many males. I just don't have the tank room for too many larger fish because I am a "community girl". I love to see different kinds of fish in a tank, with all of the color ranges and such. My 64 is an active colorful tank with different species playing together and such. It is fun to watch different fish swim around together and chase each other back and forth. And morning feeding time (which is when they get some type of frozen or live food) is an absolute frenzy with fish everywhere!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    feeding frenzys are always nice ;-)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I just had to tell someone! I heard the first croaking from my sparklers tonight :) I'm guessing that means they're settling in quite alright ;) Now I just have to wait and see if they're willing to breed on their own or if I actually have to lower the water level for that to happen. There should be more than enough floating plants for their nest building, as the entire surface is covered with riccia and lesser duckweed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome Back! - Lady Hobbs   Welcome back to AC--again! - jeffs99dime   
    Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jman   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jman   

0 Not allowed!
    nice simply nice the fish is still impressive.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Abbeys_Mom   Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs   thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom   Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom   

0 Not allowed!
    Where are the pictures, I'm not seeing them :(
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com