· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your first article and sticky! - fins_n_fur   For being a nice person. - Brookfish   For my fellow Missourian! - Corndawg   For the holidays : ) - lovleeko   Merry Xmas! - Corndawg   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna
    Yay I can see happy fishes, lol
    The article Lady Hobbs wrote is just terrific. ...so are the other sticky ones and the e-book. Did you download it? Really worth reading it.

Enjoy your new hobby
    Yeah I read it a long time ago, Ive just never had much luck with it.

Convicts would be fun as well and probably pretty easy to find. How do they do with plants I was thinking of adding simple stuff like java moss and java fern.
    55gal: 1gold severum(jasper),1 Green Sev (Spot), 3 tiger barbs (left), bovarian ram.
    29gal: 3 goldfish growing out
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your first article and sticky! - fins_n_fur   For being a nice person. - Brookfish   For my fellow Missourian! - Corndawg   For the holidays : ) - lovleeko   Merry Xmas! - Corndawg   

0 Not allowed!
    Two more questions.

1. How big of tank does a Jack Dempsy take?

2. If I decided to go with convicts how many would I be able to have in there?

Thanks
    55gal: 1gold severum(jasper),1 Green Sev (Spot), 3 tiger barbs (left), bovarian ram.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    A lady from Germany told me one day that people are too impatient to get fish in their tanks, especially those of us in the US. In Germany and in some other countries, it's a timely process and they plant their tanks first and make sure their tanks are well established and have a fully grown root system before the tank ever sees a fish.

Good for you for taking your time and thinking over your stocking.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    A lady from Germany told me one day that people are too impatient to get fish in their tanks, especially those of us in the US. In Germany and in some other countries, it's a timely process and they plant their tanks first and make sure their tanks are well established and have a fully grown root system before the tank ever sees a fish.

Good for you for taking your time and thinking over your stocking.
    Thanks Hobbs,
    I completely agree I know I always get in way to big of a rush. Put fish that dont really fit and have to change/upgrade in 6mo.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mollielover
    Two more questions.

1. How big of tank does a Jack Dempsy take?

2. If I decided to go with convicts how many would I be able to have in there?

Thanks
    1. 55g minimum, even that is really too small for a full grown JD

2. You could start with 6 or so, then when a pair forms rehome the others, otherwise the pair is likely to kill them off.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab_Rat
    1. 55g minimum, even that is really too small for a full grown JD

2. You could start with 6 or so, then when a pair forms rehome the others, otherwise the pair is likely to kill them off.
    Thats what I thought on the JD. and I really dont want pairs if I can keep from it. They are much more fun to watch but I dont like having to get rid of the babys.
    So is a pair tops for a 30gal or would 3 work?
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the help! You need a gift. - Pleco380   Have another fish for your AC Tank! - Northernguy   Thanks for reassuring me I'm not a hoarder ;) - Rue   for making me laugh when i read your other pets in your profile. lol - Jeddi   Thanks - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - promise   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - promise   Childhood Cancer - promise   

0 Not allowed!
    3 females yes..
    as far as plants in a convict tank go……………….. i really wouldn't advise it, i have my 5 (4 fem and 1 male) in what used to be a semi planted 75 until the point where every morning i would have to keep planting them back in the soil, so now they live in a 75 gal with a large piece of driftwood and lots of big smooth rocks
    they are a digger so its not their fault they uproot plants, more my fault for thinking i would have fish that are the exception to the rule
    great fish to watch but make sure you have female's and no males.
    also good filtration is a must as they are not the cleanest of animals.
    16 tanks and counting

The more i look at your tank the more i want your tank in my tank!
    Chris

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thats good I dont mind not having plants it makes it alot easier anyway. Ill just decorate it up and try my luck with convicts. I may also get a pictus cat. Mine died with my ich outbreak and I kinda miss him.
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Marbles! - Brhino   Time for a fish for your AC tank! - Rue   Happy Birthday 2010 - R2 Ranch   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   nice journal - Crispy   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - rothenb1   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - rothenb1   

0 Not allowed!
    I see you have rams, but have you thought about other dwarf cichlids? Apisto or kribensis?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here ya go! - Agassizii   

0 Not allowed!
    I think you'd fall in love with some Kribs in that tank.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast